So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
User avatar
kis
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3401
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:33 pm
Location: Surrey / West Sussex Boarder

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by kis » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:44 pm

As per the title really! I'm stuck working from home at the moment, but when free the cars going to get some long overdue pampering.

- Starting with a clean
- Fix the broken headlight washer
- Then I'll strip down the brakes and re-grease

After that? Maybe some dash wrapping? Who knows! Any good ideas? :)
Rare '15 Plate E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 320ci, E46 M3, E90 (x2)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71
7 Series - E32

User avatar
skelters
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Location: Greenock, Scotland

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by skelters » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Leave it in the garage for another month or two until I can get the MOT that'll be due in June.
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's

andystone
Member
Member
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:37 pm
Location: Yeovil, Somerset

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by andystone » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm

If money and time allows I’d like to replace rear bearings, plus any rusty items , bushes etc whilst I’m there. Unlikely though as I’m a community nurse!
72A11C12-9E70-4FC2-8ACE-0BBD9BAAE6D1.jpeg
72A11C12-9E70-4FC2-8ACE-0BBD9BAAE6D1.jpeg (378.65 KiB) Viewed 597 times
B3911D91-A541-4D30-A2D6-F6CFC527436C.jpeg
B3911D91-A541-4D30-A2D6-F6CFC527436C.jpeg (424.37 KiB) Viewed 597 times
2005 e85 z4, 2.5

IRD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 pm
Location: Lincoln

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by IRD » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm

Going to try a bit of polishing if I can buy a DA polisher with a starter kit from ‘Clean Your Car’ if they are still trading. Sent them an e-mail this morning. As yet have had no reply. So will just have to wait and see. :roll:

Online
User avatar
Attilio
Member
Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am
Location: Dublin

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by Attilio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi,

Spent 3 1/2 days doing a very deep clean and detailing session (wash, decontamination, wash, clay bar, wash, sealant)...

Perhaps luckily I didn't manage to get my hands on a DA polisher :wink: I'm very pleased with the results.

Now waiting to get her back on the road and hopefully enjoy the nearly empty roads.
A
Attachments
IMG_20200323_151358.jpg
IMG_20200323_151358.jpg (169.2 KiB) Viewed 570 times
IMG_20200323_174752.jpg
IMG_20200323_174752.jpg (136.27 KiB) Viewed 570 times
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, E46 M3 OEM strut brace, cup holders...pretty much stock (for the time being :wink: )
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

User avatar
skelters
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Location: Greenock, Scotland

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by skelters » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:35 pm

Attilio wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:17 pm
Hi,

Spent 3 1/2 days doing a very deep clean and detailing session (wash, decontamination, wash, clay bar, wash, sealant)...

Perhaps luckily I didn't manage to get my hands on a DA polisher :wink: I'm very pleased with the results.

Now waiting to get her back on the road and hopefully enjoy the nearly empty roads.
A
How did you get the soft top shiny like that? :poke:
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's

Online
User avatar
Attilio
Member
Member
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am
Location: Dublin

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by Attilio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:40 pm

:rofl:
With a lot of effort!!! :lol:
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, E46 M3 OEM strut brace, cup holders...pretty much stock (for the time being :wink: )
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 18648
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by buzyg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Hoping to get mine MoT'd on Thursday. They have booked it in, so fingers crossed. :)
Image

User avatar
skelters
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2294
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Location: Greenock, Scotland

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by skelters » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:30 pm

IRD wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm
Going to try a bit of polishing if I can buy a DA polisher with a starter kit from ‘Clean Your Car’ if they are still trading. Sent them an e-mail this morning. As yet have had no reply. So will just have to wait and see. :roll:

Just received this from Clean Your Car....

WE ARE SHIPPING

Without doubt, it's uncertain times due to COVID-19 and we are doing everything we can to appropriately respond to the current and ever evolving situation.

As a purely e-commerce company with no physical retail store we are still open for business. We, like everyone else have been monitoring closely the impact of COVID-19 and will continue to do so and have significantly increased cleaning and hygiene as well as day to day practices to ensure we're all kept as safe as possible.

So as a business we are currently fully operational, getting orders picked and packed as efficiently as possible. All courier services are still operating as normal and we are also available to offer customer support by email and phone.

In these testing times we do want to thank everyone that is ordering for their ever continued loyalty and support. We hope everyone stays safe and positive and to those staying at home we'll see you on the other side with the cleanest cars imaginable!

Take care,

Tim, Sarah, Dave & the rest of the team
2007 Z4 3.0si Sport. Silver Grey Metallic, Brembo Brakes, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Machine Monkey Exhaust Tips, Stubby, Piano Black trim, Black Leather, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on MV2's

Petahgreen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 2:42 pm

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by Petahgreen » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:30 pm

- A good clean inside, out and under bonnet and seal the wheels(clean them taking them off)
- Rear ARB bushes and Links (one is snapped) Any tips on the links?
- DISA valve for my N52 engine (any recommendation on part I can source for deliver?)
- Upgrade my basic audio system with additional door speakers.

healeyneil
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:58 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by healeyneil » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:44 pm

I was going to get it MOTed next week, but the car is up in the air with no wheels,as I'd taken them to my tyre guy to get new tyres fitted and he's had to close

IRD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 pm
Location: Lincoln

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by IRD » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:49 pm

skelters wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:30 pm
IRD wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:29 pm
Going to try a bit of polishing if I can buy a DA polisher with a starter kit from ‘Clean Your Car’ if they are still trading. Sent them an e-mail this morning. As yet have had no reply. So will just have to wait and see. :roll:

Just received this from Clean Your Car....

WE ARE SHIPPING

Without doubt, it's uncertain times due to COVID-19 and we are doing everything we can to appropriately respond to the current and ever evolving situation.

As a purely e-commerce company with no physical retail store we are still open for business. We, like everyone else have been monitoring closely the impact of COVID-19 and will continue to do so and have significantly increased cleaning and hygiene as well as day to day practices to ensure we're all kept as safe as possible.

So as a business we are currently fully operational, getting orders picked and packed as efficiently as possible. All courier services are still operating as normal and we are also available to offer customer support by email and phone.

In these testing times we do want to thank everyone that is ordering for their ever continued loyalty and support. We hope everyone stays safe and positive and to those staying at home we'll see you on the other side with the cleanest cars imaginable!

Take care,

Tim, Sarah, Dave & the rest of the team
Thanks for the information. I rang them to confirm that they were still trading. The guy was really helpful. The upshot is my polisher and kit will be in my hands tomorrow. I just need to get hold of a panel to practise on now without stepping outside the Government guidelines. :thumbsup:

zedwheels
Member
Member
Posts: 803
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 8:04 pm

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by zedwheels » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:11 pm

healeyneil wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:44 pm
I was going to get it MOTed next week, but the car is up in the air with no wheels,as I'd taken them to my tyre guy to get new tyres fitted and he's had to close
I was wondering about small tyre fitting stations, the local ones to us are open as usual and I didn't know if they should be?

IRD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:41 pm
Location: Lincoln

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by IRD » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:38 pm

Attilio wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:17 pm
Hi,

Spent 3 1/2 days doing a very deep clean and detailing session (wash, decontamination, wash, clay bar, wash, sealant)...

Perhaps luckily I didn't manage to get my hands on a DA polisher :wink: I'm very pleased with the results.

Now waiting to get her back on the road and hopefully enjoy the nearly empty roads.
A
[/quote

The effort was worthwhile. The car looks stunning. :thumbsup:

User avatar
saj77
Member
Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:08 am
Location: North East

So... stuck in isolation... what are your Z4 plans?!

Post by saj77 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:40 pm

All this talk of MOTs and fitting tyres - aren’t we meant to be staying at home??

Mine passed MOT last week :thumbsup:

But I have a fault code indicating my thermostat has failed - wish I had the access equipment to fit that and a new water pump at home - perfect opportunity to do it with being off work :thumbsdown:
Last edited by saj77 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 3.0 SI Roadster - Space Grey / Dream red, Eibachs & B4s, Z4M alignment

Post Reply