Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

"M" Specific discussion
Post Reply
sharif
Member
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 3:14 pm
Location: North London

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by sharif » Sun May 09, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi all,

Is there anyone that is able to retrofit cruise control in the North London area? I have the stalk and wiring but the existing cowling will need to be modified.

I usually go to RBM in Hampshire but wanted to see if any forum members are able to offer the service locally at a cost.

Many thanks,

Sharif
2006 Z4MC

Zedebee
Member
Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:37 pm
Location: North Hampshire

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by Zedebee » Sun May 09, 2021 7:52 pm

Many members have done it themselves, it’s not a difficult job. It helps if you have a Dremel with a cutting blade, but other cutting tools will do. The cutout is marked on the inside of the cowl already.
Old boy’s toy E86 Monaco Blue 8)
Young man’s E85 2.5i Maldives Blue

User avatar
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5871
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Kent

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by Jembo » Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 pm

There is also an additional missing wire that needs to be added on the Z4M
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 26708
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by srhutch » Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 pm

Jembo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 pm There is also an additional missing wire that needs to be added on the Z4M
It’s no different to any other E85/6 Jem.
Image

User avatar
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5871
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Kent

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by Jembo » Tue May 11, 2021 7:55 am

srhutch wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 pm
Jembo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 pm There is also an additional missing wire that needs to be added on the Z4M
It’s no different to any other E85/6 Jem.
I thought you had to run an extra wire when you retrofitted mine Steve - with my old 3.0, it was a straight plug & play :thumbsup:
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 26708
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by srhutch » Tue May 11, 2021 7:49 pm

Jembo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:55 am
srhutch wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 pm
Jembo wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 pm There is also an additional missing wire that needs to be added on the Z4M
It’s no different to any other E85/6 Jem.
I thought you had to run an extra wire when you retrofitted mine Steve - with my old 3.0, it was a straight plug & play :thumbsup:
No just the standard loom, only difference is the terminal on the ECU end.
Image

User avatar
Rucky
Member
Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 pm
Location: Glos, England

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by Rucky » Wed May 12, 2021 9:09 am

Theres a link to a how to here

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113856
04 2.5i Titan silver - 1st Z4 now sold on
07 3.0si Silver Grey M Sport pak.
X5 and assorted motorbikes

sharif
Member
Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue May 05, 2020 3:14 pm
Location: North London

Retrofit Cruise Control - North London

Post by sharif » Wed May 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Thanks for all the replies, fingers crossed going to try and install it next weekend.
2006 Z4MC

Post Reply