Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The jab ..

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

Will you take the COVID jab

Of course
79%
Hell no
9%
Undecided
5%
After results of first round are known
7%

Total votes: 203

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 pm

Nictrix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 pm Its ok. Give it a few weeks and you will be able to buy fake vaccine passports on ebay :lol:
I said to my daughter yesterday they’d be for sale in Glasgow within 3 hrs :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:24 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 pm
    Nictrix wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 pm Its ok. Give it a few weeks and you will be able to buy fake vaccine passports on ebay :lol:
    I said to my daughter yesterday they’d be for sale in Glasgow within 3 hrs :lol:
    Bit far from North Yorkshire - can we meet half way?

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:12 am

Nanu wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:03 pm Other countries will dictate whether we will need vaccination passports just like they did with PCR tests. No passport no entry. So those that choose not to be vaccinated then that is their choice which I fully support. They will just have to live with other countries not wanting them. As for the same in this country, private businesses can do what they like. Even now if a shop does not want to grant you access they can refuse entry. They don't even have to justify their reason. The same will hold true for vaccination passports. If a business does not want to do business or engage with you that is their choice, just the same as it's your choice whether to be vaccinated or not.

If you are an employer you have legal obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act towards your employees and customers.
    What's the difference between someone who has been vaccinated and someone who has had the virus?

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:31 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:12 am What's the difference between someone who has been vaccinated and someone who has had the virus?
    Ones had Covid, ones not :poke: :rofl:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 am

Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:31 am
      mgrlane wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:12 am What's the difference between someone who has been vaccinated and someone who has had the virus?
      About right for this thread :rofl:

enuff_zed
      Lifer
      Lifer

The jab ..

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:37 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 am
      Ah but.................. could have had covid a while back, recovered, then had the jab too. :poke: :roll:
      HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
      Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Stevo1987

The jab ..

Post by Stevo1987 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:37 am
      Argyll Andy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:31 am Ones had Covid, ones not :poke: :rofl:
      Ah but.................. could have had covid a while back, recovered, then had the jab too. :poke: :roll:
      2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.
      2012 Audi TTS in Ibis white.

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 am

But is there immunity from having Covid and how does it compare to the vaccination immunity? That's the question that no one is answering. That's the question that anyone involved in profiting from the vaccine doesn't want the ask nor have the answer (if it's positive). I am sure if there wasn't Pharma would be singing from the rafters about the fact that it doesn't if it didn't.

Nictrix
      Lifer
      Lifer

The jab ..

Post by Nictrix » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:53 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 am
      mgrlane wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 am About right for this thread :rofl:
      But is there immunity from having Covid and how does it compare to the vaccination immunity? That's the question that no one is answering. That's the question that anyone involved in profiting from the vaccine doesn't want the ask nor have the answer (if it's positive). I am sure if there wasn't Pharma would be singing from the rafters about the fact that it doesn't if it didn't.
      I thought that before the vaccine when they spoke about herd immunity they were talking about everybody being exposed to the virus, recovering and then being immune..... without having a vaccine
      E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:10 am

Nictrix wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:53 am I thought that before the vaccine when they spoke about herd immunity they were talking about everybody being exposed to the virus, recovering and then being immune..... without having a vaccine
      BoJo changes his policy and his stance like the wind changes direction.

I really would love to see any info on people who have recovered from the virus vs immunity through vaccination.

There must be more information out there as the virus has bee around 14+ months. 100% studies must have been done and if they were negative they would be using them right now to beat us all with a stick to increase the uptake of the jabs.

Which gives me hope- as the fact that we haven't heard anything about it means that natural immunity must be working.

People who are worried about being forced to take the vaccine should have a look into Resolution 2361 which I believe the UK is part of.

Couple of extracts here:
      -Paragraph 7.3.1 - ensure that citizens are informed that the vaccination is NOT
      mandatory and that no one is politically, socially, or otherwise pressured to get
      themselves vaccinated, if they do not wish to do so themselves;
      -Paragraph 7.3.2 - ensure that no one is discriminated against for not having been
      vaccinated, due to possible health risks or not wanting to be vaccinated;

Article here:
      https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 am

Nictrix wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:53 am I thought that before the vaccine when they spoke about herd immunity they were talking about everybody being exposed to the virus, recovering and then being immune..... without having a vaccine
      Basically yes but the same problem was present, they type of virus doesnt lend itself to long term immunity so you would catch it over and over BUT for that same reason we will need to vaccinate over and over (just like flu) lovely wee money maker for Big Pharma!

Goldman Sachs published a report on gene therapy medicine :
      “The potential to deliver ‘one shot cures’ is one of the most attractive aspects of gene therapy, genetically-engineered cell therapy and gene editing. However, such treatments offer a very different outlook with regard to recurring revenue versus chronic therapies,”

“GILD is a case in point, where the success of its hepatitis C franchise has gradually exhausted the available pool of treatable patients,”

“In the case of infectious diseases such as hepatitis C, curing existing patients also decreases the number of carriers able to transmit the virus to new patients, thus the incident pool also declines … Where an incident pool remains stable (eg, in cancer) the potential for a cure poses less risk to the sustainability of a franchise.”

I mean when the devil himself is telling you, who's to argue :idunno:

As for R2361 I noticed that was provisional from 2021 so not sure if we would be bound by that?
      2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:02 am

Flyingfifer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 am As for R2361 I noticed that was provisional from 2021 so not sure if we would be bound by that?
      I believe so but I wouldn't put 100% on it- proves a starting point for research. Doesn't seem to be to much on it and I have tried duckduckgo as I thought google might be censoring it.

We are up to 71 people in our age group that tested positive within 28 days of a covid test that have died in hospital (or a doctor said they had it based on symptoms without testing) that didn't have any pre-existing medial conditions:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/s ... l-archive/
      (most current figures, tab 3 in spreadsheet).

It's got all the way to 518 if we include people with medial conditions!

Quick- we better book ourselves in for a vaccine.... Dangerous world for us out there.

Flyingfifer

The jab ..

Post by Flyingfifer » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:16 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:02 am
      We are up to 71 people in our age group that tested positive within 28 days of a covid test that have died in hospital (or a doctor said they had it based on symptoms without testing) that didn't have any pre-existing medial conditions:

It's got all the way to 518 if we include people with medial conditions!

Quick- we better book ourselves in for a vaccine.... Dangerous world for us out there.

:rofl: :rofl:
      2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Vornwend

The jab ..

Post by Vornwend » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 am

mgrlane wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:10 am Resolution 2361
      There has been research on people infected. It generally shows that immunity is durable and is present up to 8 mths after infection for >95% of people tested. By that they mean that at least 3 out of 5 immune system components (T Cells, B Cells , CD4 etc) could recognise and respond to Covid 19. Obviously as time goes on more research will be needed but the hope (and early evidence) is that the vaccines will have similiar long lasting impacts. Of course no two people have the same immune response (to vaccines or infection) so these are averages and there will be some who are better protected and some worse, hence why there are sporadic reports of re-infection.
      Now: 2004 Z4 3.0i - Merlot Red
      Before: VW Corrado VR6 Storm - Classic Green

mgrlane

The jab ..

Post by mgrlane » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:49 am

Vornwend wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 am There has been research on people infected. It generally shows that immunity is durable and is present up to 8 mths after infection for >95% of people tested. By that they mean that at least 3 out of 5 immune system components (T Cells, B Cells , CD4 etc) could recognise and respond to Covid 19. Obviously as time goes on more research will be needed but the hope (and early evidence) is that the vaccines will have similiar long lasting impacts. Of course no two people have the same immune response (to vaccines or infection) so these are averages and there will be some who are better protected and some worse, hence why there are sporadic reports of re-infection.
      So it look likely that they could basically make this a flu jab type thing where they could vaccinate 3 times every two years. Or perhaps twice a year to keep things on the safe side.