Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Murketts BMW (Huntingdon)

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
playalistic

Murketts BMW (Huntingdon)

Post by playalistic » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Recently had an Inspection II service along with a coolant change, steering geometry and some warranty work done at Murketts BMW Huntingdon.

Their reputation with several members here and over at the CSL forum speaks volumes and that is what led me to them in the first instance.

Right from go when I booked up the guy I spoke with was friendly and knowledgable. The price -- even once I took into account the drive to/from Reading to Cambridge still worked out cheaper than anywhere else I had been quoted.

I turned up on the Wednesday morning and dropped my car in and picked up a 116i loaner to tide over to return on Saturday. On arrival Saturday morning they were just finishing up on replacing a seal (the part had just turned up that morning) and the car was made ready for my collection. It hadn't been valeted (as I asked since it had been recently detailed) and was in exactly the same cosmetic condition I had left it in. Needless to say the car feels brand new now and without doubt I will use Murketts (despite the distance) for any future servicing.

10 out of 10! :thumbsup:

Greeno

Re: Murketts BMW (Huntingdon)

Post by Greeno » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm

They are just down the road from me and their customer service is brilliant.

However their body shop is sh*t.

they put scratches all over my car. returned, polished them out, sent it back again with holograming. wouldnt touch the body shop.
"Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools"

playalistic

Re: Murketts BMW (Huntingdon)

Post by playalistic » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Yeah I wouldn't touch any BMW body shop either. I don't see why anyone would use a BMW bodyshop as 99% of the time they just farm it out and don't actually do it in house anyway but for servicing (to maintain a warranty) it's a no brainer.