Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Best software/code reader

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Jamesbradbury

Post by Jamesbradbury » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:45 am

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to post but I have an e85 z4 with a possible airbag module issue. Which software or code reader will give me access to find the issue as well as code in a new one if needed. I don't mind spending a decent amount because I'd rather not keep going back and forth to a garage and pay mad prices if the issue persists. I've seen lots of different readers online and they all claim to be the best with the best quality leads so I'm unsure.

Cheers!

pilch

Post by pilch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:36 am

Morning, I'm not familiar with BMW specific diagnostic tools as I've not long joined the marque, I'm sure someone will be along to advise on them.

For the last 3 years I've used an Autel tool as it works on all the makes and reads the modules. I used it on my Z4 last week as I had the four orange lights and it diagnosed a faulty abs sensor straight away. If you're likely to use it on not just your Z4 I'd definitely look at the Autel range, my sis lives in the US and I got her to bring one over as it was quite a bit cheaper. :thumbsup:

DMike

Post by DMike » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:46 am

There was a thread on this a month or two ago with several suggestions. I prefer ISTA sw which has and BMW spesific tests for various modules and tons of repair instructions.
2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

DMike

Post by DMike » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:51 am

2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey

Jamesbradbury

Post by Jamesbradbury » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:04 am

Cheers guys, I'll get a cable and scour for free software 😂