Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Neilson

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by Neilson » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:02 am

Hi all,

I took my car to Protex detailers to have a ceramic coating done using Gtechniq, and the results are amazing...
protex1.jpg
protex1.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
protex2.jpg
protex2.jpg (66.69 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
I have to say the depth of the gloss if the first thing you notice. I honestly walked in and nearly walked straight past it as I didn't believe it was mine! :lol:

The paintwork was originally in great condition, but it now looks like it’s fresh out the showroom. The GTechniq ceramic finish should last 5 years, so no more elbow grease for a while.

Opinions?

Armscarf

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by Armscarf » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:08 am

Lovely car and it looks great. It's difficult to tell exactly what's going on with just photos. I'd be interested in how you get on with that product, 5 years is a big claim. Couple of final questions, the big ones............... what did you have done (wheels off, interior etc.) and how much?

Neilson

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by Neilson » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:23 am

Armscarf wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:08 am Lovely car and it looks great. It's difficult to tell exactly what's going on with just photos. I'd be interested in how you get on with that product, 5 years is a big claim. Couple of final questions, the big ones............... what did you have done (wheels off, interior etc.) and how much?
Hi, I'm waiting for some more shots from the detailers from different angles, so I can post these when I receive.

Gtechniq is a leading brand for ceramic coating and you have to be accredited by them to apply it. You get all the guarantees from them stipulating the 5yr guarantee, so should be okay.

I personally only had the bodywork done as the car is pretty much in great condition, inside and out. They do clean the inside though and engine bay and they also put C2V3 on the alloys, which only last a few months.

The Total cost was £545 inc Vat and they had the car for 4 days.

Armscarf

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by Armscarf » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 am

Neilson, Sounds very good, about the right money for the time taken. I'll look into the chemistry of the Gtechniq product and see how it compares, sounds like I might be switching.

pvr
Legend
Legend

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by pvr » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:39 am

Looks great.

You will still need to add the SiO2 on a fairly regular basis, as though the ceramic coating will last 5 years, the beading willl not. This is not specific to Gtechniq but to any ceramic coating so your non elbow grease - forget that :D

Easy process though, just wipe on and polish out. The detailer should provide you with the product to use for the top up of that.

Before you do that, you need to remove the tar though. I recently bought a 5 liitre bottle of that as you need a fair bit.

And of course the autosol to polish the inside of those exhausts 8)
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Neilson

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by Neilson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:21 pm

Armscarf wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:58 am Neilson, Sounds very good, about the right money for the time taken. I'll look into the chemistry of the Gtechniq product and see how it compares, sounds like I might be switching.
I thought it was a reasonable price too, good luck with your findings! :thumbsup:

Neilson

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by Neilson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:32 pm

pvr wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:39 am Looks great.

You will still need to add the SiO2 on a fairly regular basis, as though the ceramic coating will last 5 years, the beading willl not. This is not specific to Gtechniq but to any ceramic coating so your non elbow grease - forget that :D

Easy process though, just wipe on and polish out. The detailer should provide you with the product to use for the top up of that.

Before you do that, you need to remove the tar though. I recently bought a 5 liitre bottle of that as you need a fair bit.

And of course the autosol to polish the inside of those exhausts 8)
:lol: I thought it was too good to be true!

In fact he did mention about the polish, I need to get some from Clean and Shiny as he gave me a code - DW10.

I'll follow up on your advice - so much for an easy life! :thumbsup:
Last edited by Neilson on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neilson

Protex Detailing Ringmer

Post by Neilson » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:24 pm

A few more shots...
protex3.jpg
protex3.jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
protex4.jpg
protex4.jpg (25.26 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
protex6.jpg
protex6.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 1118 times
protex5.jpg
protex5.jpg (43.4 KiB) Viewed 1118 times