Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytner Leicester

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Ben.

Sytner Leicester

Post by Ben. » Sun May 17, 2009 6:14 pm

I just got my car serviced in Leicester. I decided that I would keep the "Main Dealer" Stamps in the book on the off chance that it will help the resail value.

The service was great! Serviced in an hour with a full valet.
I sat there drinking and surfing the internet and had a quick look around the Showrooms too.

I do reccomend that you ring around a few dealers however as the prices vairy loads - I managed to get £60 off the cost of changing my brake fluid by asking them to price match.

I wasn't so impressed by the Sales Man however - I called them a few months ago to inquire about two Z4M's they had, I was basically asked if I had the money and to call back when I'm in a position to buy - he wouldn't even take my number to call me back.

Strange, do they want to sell cars?

Ben
Ex-Z owner

chetalien

Re: Sytner Leicester

Post by chetalien » Sun May 17, 2009 6:31 pm

It has happened to my next door neighbour- he had a t 325i convertible and wanted to change to new hardtop and was told the same thing. He was pissed off and the same day went and bought himself a boxster. Says he loves it and infact advised steer away from BMW. so far i'vent had any bad feelings.

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Mon May 18, 2009 8:34 am

Nice one,

Ive got to take our Z4 in for an oil change in the next week weeks, they said i could ring the day before and wait as its the quick one.

What was the cost for the oil change?

Cheers

PaulN
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black

Ben.

Post by Ben. » Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

PaulN wrote:Nice one,

Ive got to take our Z4 in for an oil change in the next week weeks, they said i could ring the day before and wait as its the quick one.

What was the cost for the oil change?

Cheers

PaulN
I think it was £166 for the Oil Service.
That was the cheapest between Leics, Notts and Derby.

Book yourself a test drive in their new Z4 too - it looks great
Ex-Z owner

Inuit

Post by Inuit » Mon May 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Ben. wrote:I just got my car serviced in Leicester. I decided that I would keep the "Main Dealer" Stamps in the book on the off chance that it will help the resail value.

I sat there drinking and surfing the internet and had a quick look around the Showrooms too.

I do reccomend that you ring around a few dealers however as the prices vairy loads - I managed to get £60 off the cost of changing my brake fluid by asking them to price match.

I wasn't so impressed by the Sales Man however - I called them a few months ago to inquire about two Z4M's they had, I was basically asked if I had the money and to call back when I'm in a position to buy - he wouldn't even take my number to call me back.

Ben
They did the same with me, never bothered ringing me back so i bought my M from Rybrook. The used sales guy i saw at Leicester was so condesending, did not think a women should be buying an M (anyone on here mad enough to agree :wink: ) complete idiot. The new sales people seem far better. I went to see the new car at leicester and the salesperson who looks after new cars was exceptionally helpful. Did point out to them that i would be far more inclined to go back to Rybrook if i did want to buy a new one because of this experience.

Heard great stuff about the service dept though - forutnatly have a while to go before my next oil service, so hope they keep their standards up.
Image 56 Imola Red Z4M Roadster

Dunkx

Post by Dunkx » Wed May 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Inuit wrote:
Ben. wrote:I just got my car serviced in Leicester. I decided that I would keep the "Main Dealer" Stamps in the book on the off chance that it will help the resail value.

Ben
They did the same with me, never bothered ringing me back so i bought my M from Rybrook. The used sales guy i saw at Leicester was so condesending, did not think a women should be buying an M (anyone on here mad enough to agree :wink: ) complete idiot. The new sales people seem far better. I went to see the new car at leicester and the salesperson who looks after new cars was exceptionally helpful. Did point out to them that i would be far more inclined to go back to Rybrook if i did want to buy a new one because of this experience.

Heard great stuff about the service dept though - forutnatly have a while to go before my next oil service, so hope they keep their standards up.
Just to add an alternative view - the used sales chap I bought my car from at the same place (Kevin Meakin) was a really nice chap, very 'un car salesman' like in his approach.
Cheers,
Duncan

Ruby black Z4MR

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Thu May 21, 2009 8:20 am

Dunkx wrote:
Inuit wrote:

Ben

Just to add an alternative view - the used sales chap I bought my car from at the same place (Kevin Meakin) was a really nice chap, very 'un car salesman' like in his approach.
Had a really good chat with him on Tuesday night there.....

Completely agree more, he is a VW beetle and camper van owner and goes on meets so thats where the chilled out side comes from.. :thumbsup:
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black

ImDesigner

Post by ImDesigner » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 pm

I've had horrendous service from Sytner Leicester - namely from Robert Clarke in sales. Avoid!

stlymch

Post by stlymch » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:42 pm

£166 for oil and filter... So where do you keep your franking machine?

itguy

Post by itguy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:22 am

I think poor car sales technique is a Leicester Sytner group thing. We wanted a new Audi and Leicester Audi (Sytner) were just awful.

Derby (Sytner group still) much better.

If you want a new bmw though, you can't beat Ocean in Falmouth - they are one of the drive the deal dealers and are a family run small dealership. Got our mini from them and highly rate them.
2003 Z4 3.0 SE Roadster. Manual, silver with New England red extended leather. Pro nav, xenons, carver hifi, elec fold mirrors, 6CD, dension gateway 100 iPod adaptor, tv, 108s, wind deflector. Fitted: Stubby, cruise control, ZHP, cup holders.

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:27 am

I bought a 335i from them last year and was painfree experience. Called, had a video of the car emailed straight away and a deal agreed, before they delivered to me in London a few days later.
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 am

ImDesigner wrote:I've had horrendous service from Sytner Leicester - namely from Robert Clarke in sales. Avoid!
Oddly enough, I am dealing with Robert just now and he has been really helpful. He has rung me back about a car sale and its all going through really rather well just now.

Maybe they have learnt from the bad experiences posted on here?
One Carbon Black Z4 3.0 si Roadster plus one mid-life crisis = Good times ahead!

Stormace661

Post by Stormace661 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:34 am

I bought my Z4 from Sytner Solihul. As part of the purchase they agreed to refurb the 108 for me. Once I checked them I think they just gave them a good clean. I complained and it when back in for two days. They just badly resprayed them. :headbang: They were shocking. Will never use Sytner again. My local Rybrook's seem much better
3.0 Si Standard with Stubby - Sound Gen Mod - Backbox deletion with MM tail pipes