Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

OIL SERVICE CHANGE PROCEDURE......

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
jksurrey

OIL SERVICE CHANGE PROCEDURE......

Post by jksurrey » Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi all,

came across a great posting to reset the oil service indicator on the z4. all look straight forward and I have pasted the original details below.

My question is when it is reset how log does it reset itself to or does it just skin the oil service and start ticking away to the main service next?

i am reluctant to do this if it messes around the schedule as my car has a full BMWSH and I dont want to mess it up too much.

Many thanks, any advice greatly appreciated!!!! :-)

Or the summary without all the c**:

1. Key in 0 or off position.

2. Press and hold odometer button and turn key to 1 or acc. position.

3. Keep button pressed until any of the following words appear in display: "oil service" or "inspection", with "reset" or "re". For vehicles with "high cluster", the fuel amount (in litres) remaining until next service is displayed (i.e. 3224).

4. Press and hold button again until "reset" or "re" flash. If there is no "flash", minimum consumption value has not been met.

5. While display is flashing, press button briefly to reset service interval indicator. After display has shown new interval,you can turn ignition off... next time you start the car it will have the new mileage left to service!

Just done it... works fine!

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OIL SERVICE CHANGE PROCEDURE......

Post by sp3ctre » Wed May 21, 2008 5:25 pm

AFAIK it simply does the same thing the techs would do when they do the oil service i.e. it would start counting down to the next service as soon as you do it.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme