Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

HID Problems

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Traxxer

HID Problems

Post by Traxxer » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:24 am

About 2 weeks or so I installed MTEC HID lights on my car and for 2 weeks they worked perfectly. When the rain came I was worried that the ballasts would malfunction do to water getting to it. For about 2 days or so of driving in the rain no problems occurred until the third day in which it wasn't raining, my light indicator went off and surely one of the lights wouldn't light up.

Didn't have time to look into it that day but the next when I tried turning them on neither of the lights would work. I checked the ballasts and they both seem to be working properly so I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's some pics of where I have the ballasts placed.

Image Image
-Total Car Noob

BlackSapphireZ

Re: HID Problems

Post by BlackSapphireZ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:12 pm

warranty.. send em back

BMW^Z4

Re: HID Problems

Post by BMW^Z4 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:11 am

I installed MTEC 6000k on my Z4 and after 3 days both bulds are not working with the ignition on the dashboard that are faulty. I sent them back and replaced . After 2 days the drivers bulb switched off again. Do you face the same problem? Are my ballast faulty?
Sterling grey ,108 starspoke, alarm,KW v3 suspension,clear lights,cd/mp3, ipod 20GB, hardtop,manual,wind deflector, aerodynamic package, silver trim,Michelin pilot sport tyres, cruise control etc ...