Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 Roof Problem / Query

Z4Shane007homas

E89 Roof Problem / Query

Post by Z4Shane007homas » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:44 pm

RobbiZ4 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:25 pm
Stash36 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:18 am ...and I'm sure I've read RobbiZ4 state this cannot actually happen.
No, no, no.
It can and it will happen sooner or later!
Reason is a rusty hallsensor on the right ram in the trunk.
I've purchased a few items that BTE123 has PM'ed me with. including a 2 series hall sensor, hopefully i get this resolved soon
2010 E89 Z4 - 23i M Sport - Deep Sea Blue
2004 E46 BMW 320d Sport - Mystic Blue (Daily)

Cymbaline

E89 Roof Problem / Query

Post by Cymbaline » Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:24 pm

This driving me nuts. I replaced the two hall sensors and the roof went straight up as it should, the boot lid opened fully (which it didn't before) then the roof folds down into the boot (I was thinking "great I've cracked it) but then the boot lid wont close. Is there any way to check the sensor in case it's faulty or is there some other switch which tells the system that the roof is fully stowed and then allows the boot to close that isn't working. Any help appreciated.

RobbiZ4

E89 Roof Problem / Query

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:12 pm

Cymbaline wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:24 pm ...or is there some other switch which tells the system that the roof is fully stowed and then allows the boot to close that isn't working. Any help appreciated.
There is another microswitch on the upper right in the trunk, that detects the landing of the roof package. It's very seldom, that there is a fault on it. Typically you can measure it's resistance, 570 or 2.770 ohms.

In addition, the front locking system also locks in the trunk before the trunk lid starts lowering. Are the any covers or other parts blocking the package?
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

Cymbaline

E89 Roof Problem / Query

Post by Cymbaline » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:50 pm

RobbiZ4 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:12 pm
Cymbaline wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:24 pm ...or is there some other switch which tells the system that the roof is fully stowed and then allows the boot to close that isn't working. Any help appreciated.
There is another microswitch on the upper right in the trunk, that detects the landing of the roof package. It's very seldom, that there is a fault on it. Typically you can measure it's resistance, 570 or 2.770 ohms.

In addition, the front locking system also locks in the trunk before the trunk lid starts lowering. Are the any covers or other parts blocking the package?
Oh man thanks so much. The roof section wasn't quite locating properly. slight pressure on it whilst operating switch and it closed. Now it works fine every time. I don't know what it was but what pleasure to see it operate as it should. Just have to tidy up wiring and put the lining back. Thanks to all who have helped on here especially bte123.