Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Main headlight bulb change.

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
3.0 Si Anderson

Main headlight bulb change.

Post by 3.0 Si Anderson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi can anyone advise me as to the easiest way to remove the main headlight bulb. As you all know the headlights in the Z4's are petty pants so I am trying to replace them with soemthing that will actually allow me to see in the dark :wink: I have managed to change the dipped lights as they are easy enough to access and change. However, is it easier to put the car on a ramp or remove the wheel in order to change the main headlight bulbs as to be honest I can hardly even get my hand in to touch the bulb holder and fear if I do get it out the chances of getting it back in again are nill. Another issue I had was that I found the headlight cover wouldnt come compeletly out and again I didnt want to force it so this was not helping the matter - does it in fact come all the way out as this may make access easier.

Any help would be appreciated.

AndyZ4

Re: Main headlight bulb change.

Post by AndyZ4 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:23 pm

I adjusted my headlamp aligment and replaced a sidelight bulb earlier today. As long as you're working on the right side of the car and have the wheel turned all the way left, or work on the left and have the wheel turned all the way right you should be fine. The cover will come out completely if you do it this way and all is sweet sailing!! Quite a lot of room if you work it right. Hope this helps.