Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just saying hi!

First port of call for new members
Digsy

Just saying hi!

Post by Digsy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:41 am

Not sure whether this is the correct place to say hello but what the hell! :)

I'm not a Z4 owner at the this stage but run the other Zed - 350Z. I'm beginning to think about replacing it and as the Z4 came a close second last time it looks like it could top the list now. I'm particularly excited by the prices of 12 month old Z4M's which seem to be skirting round the top of my price range. Can anyone give me any tips on what I should look out for when looking at Z4s and especially M's?

BTW Good work on setting up this site after the demise of z4um.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:59 am

Welcome Digsy!

Well the first thing I would say is you're definitely looking in the right ball park in terms of engine, the 3.0 or the M will give the 350 a run for it's money, but anything less would be a disappointment... you have quite an engine in the 350!

Personally I love the M sport seats, heated seats, upgraded hi-fi (I have the non carver setup). Other than that, personally I would get the ipod kit fitted (I have the dension ice link).

If you're looking fairly new then you won't have the usual crappy ride problem associated with the run flat tyres.

I'm sure some others will be along soon to chip in!

Wondermike

Re: Just saying hi!

Post by Wondermike » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:03 am

Digsy wrote:...I'm particularly excited by the prices of 12 month old Z4M's which seem to be skirting round the top of my price range. Can anyone give me any tips on what I should look out for when looking at Z4s and especially M's?...
Me looking too.

Having studied prices for months and months, make sure you choose one with -

- must have - professional nav, hifi or DSP sounds, carbon leather interior
- preferable - PDC, bluetooth, CD changer, wind deflector
- don't think it matters - cruise, folding mirrors, TV, storage pack

There are a lot of interlagos blue, so maybe stay away from that, and Imola red seems to hang around for ages too.

:D

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:05 am

Looks like a good list.... IMHO bluetooth phone is crap! I have it in mine and if I have to make a call I plug in the earphones... it's rrrrubish!

unionjack

Post by unionjack » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:08 pm

sp3ctre wrote:Looks like a good list.... IMHO bluetooth phone is crap! I have it in mine and if I have to make a call I plug in the earphones... it's rrrrubish!
Really? I think it's great. I paired up with my phone and I'm all hands free now. I was on the phone with a friend and hopped in my car, started it up and it immediately switched over to the hands free.
Alpineweiss / Imolarot | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Hardwired V1 | Shorty Antenna | H&R Springs | Black Kidney surrounds

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 pm

Yes, it works fine in that respect... my problem with it is the fact that you have to SHOUT REALLY LOUD for anyone to hear you. People keep asking me to call back when I'm not in the car... rubbish! :cry:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:57 pm

I think that the cruise is vital though ... nowadays with those specs cameras everywhere, it is very difficult to drive 40 mph on a deserted motorway ...

Interlagos Blue has as advantage that they are cheaper on purchase. When I bought a new M, they offered me an additional 1K off list price if I was prepared to take a Interlagos.

However - still ended up with 6K discount on the new one :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Digsy

Post by Digsy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:46 pm

pvr wrote:I think that the cruise is vital though ... nowadays with those specs cameras everywhere, it is very difficult to drive 40 mph on a deserted motorway ...

Interlagos Blue has as advantage that they are cheaper on purchase. When I bought a new M, they offered me an additional 1K off list price if I was prepared to take a Interlagos.

However - still ended up with 6K discount on the new one :lol:
£6K!!!!!!! No wonder the nearly new prices are so low!

Cheers for the welcome guys. I gather the first service is essential (apparently Williams Manchester are trying to flog one without) but is there anything else of concern to keep an eye out for?

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:37 pm

First service is free though. Does that car from Manchester have 1200 miles on it or do you mean it has more miles but never had the service?

After two weeks, I got replacement rear wheels as they were peeling quite badly so check the wheels for large chips. Appearantly, the paint is rather soft on them.

On the 07 models, you get the aux kit which has the connector underneath the temperature controls which is quite handy.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Just saying hi!

Post by WLH » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:11 pm

Digsy Welcome To The Forum... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Digsy

Post by Digsy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:58 pm

pvr wrote:First service is free though. Does that car from Manchester have 1200 miles on it or do you mean it has more miles but never had the service?

After two weeks, I got replacement rear wheels as they were peeling quite badly so check the wheels for large chips. Appearantly, the paint is rather soft on them.

On the 07 models, you get the aux kit which has the connector underneath the temperature controls which is quite handy.
Apparently more so it missed it.