M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
MrPT
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Bucks/Oxon

M market watch

Post by MrPT » Sat May 23, 2020 1:00 pm

If you look at the rim and the way the light falls on the wheel vs the car body, it could just be a careless bit of photoshopping.
2008 Z4MC: SG/Imola | sub-flimper spec | +OEM CSLs | +KWv3 | +TMS RTABLs | +VT mounts | +Eventuri | +OEM strut brace | +DB9 front BBK | +cruise - probably looks a bit like your one
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Angelus666
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:33 pm
Location: Essex
Contact:

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:16 pm

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2007-bmw-z4-m-coupe will be interesting to see what this makes. Is it a forum car?

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 13141
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun May 24, 2020 8:24 pm

It's featured on here before, and is up as a classified on ebay for £15,495 so I suspect the reserve will be close to that!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-BMW-Z4M ... SwpMNetVI-
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. H & R Coil-overs, CSL Reps, Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW. E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21051
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sun May 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Angelus666 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:16 pm
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2007-bmw-z4-m-coupe will be interesting to see what this makes. Is it a forum car?
Viewed this car on Friday.
If I was after a ZMC at fair money I'd have placed a deposit but I was looking on behalf of a forum member.
Needs about £1k/£1200 spending but otherwise a very decent prospect.
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

User avatar
bakes100
Member
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 am
Location: Essex

M market watch

Post by bakes100 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:16 am

mr wilks wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:36 pm
Viewed this car on Friday.
If I was after a ZMC at fair money I'd have placed a deposit but I was looking on behalf of a forum member.
Needs about £1k/£1200 spending but otherwise a very decent prospect.
Out of interest mr wilks what do you think needs to be done on it? He seems very keen to get rid.
2006 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe - Silver Grey - GONE

JoshsZ4M
Member
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:45 am

M market watch

Post by JoshsZ4M » Mon May 25, 2020 8:13 am

MrPT wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:00 pm
If you look at the rim and the way the light falls on the wheel vs the car body, it could just be a careless bit of photoshopping.
I mean, I was looking at photoshopping as a possibility, but the tyre is as you’d expect (flat at the bottom), and everything else looks to be in the right place... a worrying image, being mechanically savvy I’m not sure how you could even end up installing it like that!! Having said this, I did once see an old colleague fit a set of brake pads back to front... he was forever after known as DAP 🤣
2006 ///MR, Interlagos blue with extended black leather

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21051
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon May 25, 2020 9:24 am

bakes100 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:16 am
mr wilks wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:36 pm
Viewed this car on Friday.
If I was after a ZMC at fair money I'd have placed a deposit but I was looking on behalf of a forum member.
Needs about £1k/£1200 spending but otherwise a very decent prospect.
Out of interest mr wilks what do you think needs to be done on it? He seems very keen to get rid.
Ins2 due
wheel refurb , one was ok but 3 blistered around bolt holes & tyre valve
smart repairs to remove scratches on passenger rear + front bumper

Front bumper has been painted at some point (drivers fang corner needs attention ) & the fit line against bonnet needed improving but otherwise relatively chip free across the front & in general the paint in good order .
Interior also looked very well kept , seats & bolsters not showing the usual wear signs of 80k .

Low spec with few options but piano black doesn't look at all out of place & gloss wingmirror housings a rare nice touch .

Pretty recent discs+pads in the buyers favour & 4 Michelin PSS were minimum 5mm-6mm .

I suspect the auction if left to run will end £13750/£14500 which i believe is in the range the guy would take to sell prior .

I would have liked to hear it start + tickover but unfortunately it was lunchtime when i called & nobody was there .
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21051
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Wed May 27, 2020 9:28 pm

No surprise with the auction ending at £14100 https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2007-bmw-z4-m-coupe buyer has a decent prospect on his hands once they've spent a bit on it .
Started with Si coupe & 15 x Z4s later :driving: back in Si coupe :) 2008 Ti silver - syrah trim - quad conversion

CD_UK
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 9:03 pm

M market watch

Post by CD_UK » Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 pm

Very glad to hear you say that!

Probably ought to head to the member forum to introduce myself but assuming everything goes smoothly I hope to be behind the steering wheel within a week and become a proud Z4M owner. Might even be the first car I enjoy washing... but I'm not promising anything.

Hello by the way :D

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 13141
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 pm

So with the 6% premium that's pretty much £15K for the new owner, which doesn't seem silly once it's had the things you identified done.

Hopefully the buyer will join us on here!

I've seen a couple added on Auto Trader in the last few days for silly prices, like this one:- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... esc&page=1

Prices certainly don't seem to be dropping!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. H & R Coil-overs, CSL Reps, Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW. E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 13141
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed May 27, 2020 10:27 pm

CD_UK wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:14 pm
Very glad to hear you say that!

Probably ought to head to the member forum to introduce myself but assuming everything goes smoothly I hope to be behind the steering wheel within a week and become a proud Z4M owner. Might even be the first car I enjoy washing... but I'm not promising anything.

Hello by the way
Hi there - you must have joined up while I was typing!

Welcome to the madhouse. :thumbsup:

I only bought my M in December, but love it so I hope all goes well.

An introduction on the Newbies section of the forum always goes down well, but really needs to include photos!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. H & R Coil-overs, CSL Reps, Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW. E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

User avatar
MrPT
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: Bucks/Oxon

M market watch

Post by MrPT » Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Mr Tidy wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 pm
So with the 6% premium that's pretty much £15K for the new owner, which doesn't seem silly once it's had the things you identified done.

Hopefully the buyer will join us on here!
Was interesting to also see a well-optioned 997.1 with just under 100k on the clock go for £15k tonight. Seems like a bargain compared to the ///M, but then you wonder what an equivalent manual would have gone for.
2008 Z4MC: SG/Imola | sub-flimper spec | +OEM CSLs | +KWv3 | +TMS RTABLs | +VT mounts | +Eventuri | +OEM strut brace | +DB9 front BBK | +cruise - probably looks a bit like your one
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

User avatar
bakes100
Member
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 am
Location: Essex

M market watch

Post by bakes100 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:10 am

MrPT wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm
Mr Tidy wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:21 pm
So with the 6% premium that's pretty much £15K for the new owner, which doesn't seem silly once it's had the things you identified done.

Hopefully the buyer will join us on here!
Was interesting to also see a well-optioned 997.1 with just under 100k on the clock go for £15k tonight. Seems like a bargain compared to the ///M, but then you wonder what an equivalent manual would have gone for.
I think the engine rebuild may have put people off going higher on that one, judging by his comments it appeared he didn't have a receipt for the work either which seemed a little strange.
2006 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe - Silver Grey - GONE

User avatar
dougie1142
Member
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:03 pm
Location: Inverness

M market watch

Post by dougie1142 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 am

Good buy sir! I had made an offer of exactly the winning bid a little while ago for that car, think you've got a great car for the price and in comparison to the rest of the cars on the market. Hope you enjoy it. The hunt still continues for me!

Status
Member
Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:37 pm

M market watch

Post by Status » Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 am

Dougie how much you looking to spend on Oe

Post Reply