Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Roof problems

Gjm91

Roof problems

Post by Gjm91 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi all- came to try and lower roof today and had issues- process started as normal - windows lowered ,rear screen moved onto the main roof section and then nothing - stopped in this position - the pump continued to run for about 30 seconds then got the flashing error light on the roof button. Pressing the close button did nothing and had to turn on / off a couple of times before it would allow the rear screen to return back but would not go all the way down and lock. It did allow the windows to close and could lock the car - no red error light- left it locked but the rear screen was not closed properly. Came back inside the house to scream and did a bit of searching on the forum and then went back put key in ignition and red error light starting flashing on the roof button - pressed the close button and the rear screen closed properly and red error light went out - stupidly tried to lower the roof again thinking it was a one off and exactly the same thing happened again. Something similar happened in summer but thought it was a battery issue so have replaced the battery so know thats not the issue now- The car is all locked up and roof properly latched thankfully . When i bought the car i took out an extended warranty so next step is to call the warranty company tomorrow to see if its covered🤞. If its not covered I’m not confident in investigating the problem myself as a number of forum members have - so has anyone got any recommendations for indys in the merseyside or northwest area that have expertise in solving roof issues ? Any other suggestions ideas appreciated
E89 2.0 i S Drive M Sport
TT MK1 Roadster
RR Evoque
Now gone E85 2.0 SE

RobbiZ4

Roof problems

Post by RobbiZ4 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:48 pm

:(
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932