Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

bmw z4 28i m sport 2015 model cant get into the boot no battery inside

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:47 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:15 pm Robbi, I am sure you have a good enough sense of humour to take this in the manner it is intended:
Honestly guys, I really never take it personally, never.
For me, these discussions are rather entertaining. But since I hear about impatient and "violent" mechanics every day from other people all over the world, I will always warn clearly and loudly against false actionism. Everyone is allowed to destroy his own car, but I will shout against "convertible violence".
enuff_zed wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:15 pm It's been quite a while since a Lancaster last upset a German quite this much. :rofl:
Please gimme an historical update. 8)

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:59 pm

Well, I didn't want to answer any more, but it is so entertaining this morning.
In Munich we do have sunshine and perfect convertible conditions. I'd better be on the road with my Z4. :rofl:

Interesting:
robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:12 am ...work on your people skills next time
robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:53 am he's clearly got a chip on his shoulder he probs works for bmw or something and helped create this terrible design fault
That is the real problem between us 2 Roberts:
Your view: the car is a terrible design fault
My view: it's an impressive peace of technolgy we are not able to understand completely
Last edited by RobbiZ4 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pardon, je suis Allemand :oops:
:ant:
E89 Roof Maintenance
viewtopic.php?t=130932

Y3 Roof Diagnostic System
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=129048

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:07 pm

robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:08 pm the 15 pin trick does sound like a good idea my fusebox is behind the glove compartment checked my manual so ill have a look

but might just get an auto electrician in if it looks too confusing
im just weighing up all my options so i dont end up spending a fortune
and as for anything that involves damaging the car too get in the boot is an absolute last option,
but im assuming if the fusebox method doesnt work then there must be something else electronically wrong like the fuse being blown which would mean getting into the boot and putting the battery in is irrelevant would you agree?
This is all terribly annoying.

Not a single correctly written English sentence, not a single correctly written fact, not a single understanding of what I wrote before, absolutely nothing. Why are you writing such rubbish here?

That's really annoying, especially from someone who also has my name. :headbang:

Stick to the facts, read your screenshots once again and give proper feedback on every single comment of us here in the forum.
Unitl now, EACH E89 trunk has been opened in only 3 minutes, with or without battery in the trunk.
Here we are discussing/writing/arguing since hours.

Finally:
There is only a known Pin12 trick. Pin15 will kill your car (update: it will activate the passengers door locking :cry: ).
There is absolutely no fuse involved.
There is no need to touch the fuse panel in the front.
There is no need for an electrician, who has no clue of this E89.
We are the engineers giving you Robert tons of advices, you are going to ignore constantly.

I'm going to drive my E89 to Lancaster now... :driving:
Last edited by RobbiZ4 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

robertlancaster1094

Post by robertlancaster1094 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:19 pm

RobbiZ4 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:07 pm
robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:08 pm the 15 pin trick does sound like a good idea my fusebox is behind the glove compartment checked my manual so ill have a look

but might just get an auto electrician in if it looks too confusing
im just weighing up all my options so i dont end up spending a fortune
and as for anything that involves damaging the car too get in the boot is an absolute last option,
but im assuming if the fusebox method doesnt work then there must be something else electronically wrong like the fuse being blown which would mean getting into the boot and putting the battery in is irrelevant would you agree?
This is all terribly annoying.

Not a single correctly written English sentence, not a single correctly written fact, not a single understanding of what I wrote before, absolutely nothing. Why are you writing such rubbish here?

That's really annoying, especially from someone who also has my name. :headbang:

Stick to the facts, read your screenshots once again and give proper feedback on every single comment of us here in the forum.

Finally:
There is only a known Pin12 trick. Pin15 will kill your car.
There is absolutely no fuse involved.
There is no need to touch the fuse panel in the front.
There is no need for an electrician, who has no clue of this E89.
We are the engineers giving you Robert tons of advices, you are going to ignore constantly.
i haven't ignored a single bit of advice you have given, why you being rude to me and not the person who just said 15 pin to me then if that's the case, if I'm confused there is need for an auto electrician and that is also what you told me to do before if i have lack of knowledge get someone in who has knowledge which is what i said ill do if i feel i cant do it or are you saying you are the only person who has knowledge on this car in the world? you give good advice robbie but i feel you suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.

robertlancaster1094

Post by robertlancaster1094 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:22 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:15 pm
RobbiZ4 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:16 am An upgrade to integrate the ski hatch is another topic and not required as a roof repair option.

But to get the trunk opened, only two thin wires are required as far as the rear central locking motor is in a working condition. Ignoring this is a valid option.
Robbi, I am sure you have a good enough sense of humour to take this in the manner it is intended:

It's been quite a while since a Lancaster last upset a German quite this much. :rofl:

Having read through all this thread, please do understand that there are a lot of people on here who do appreciate your input, listen to what you say and consequently have saved themselves a fortune.
Keep up the good work. Thank you. :thumbsup:

PS. I am also struggling to work out why the Pope joined up just to slag you off. :tumbleweed:
the thing is germans are scared of english and only act up like this online

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:24 pm

Last edited by RobbiZ4 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robertlancaster1094

Post by robertlancaster1094 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:27 pm

RobbiZ4 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:24 pm
robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:22 pm you suffer from narcissistic personality disorder.
Once again, work on your quotations.
robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:12 am ...work on your people skills next time
Even this has been said by you earlier. Repeating this doesn't open the boot.
im not attempting to open my boot yet because im on holiday im looking into it in a weeks time but you keep getting rude to me im not quite sure what your problem is you decided to be rude to me first

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:29 pm

Last edited by RobbiZ4 on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:34 pm

robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:22 pm
RobbiZ4 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:16 am An upgrade to integrate the ski hatch is another topic and not required as a roof repair option.

But to get the trunk opened, only two thin wires are required as far as the rear central locking motor is in a working condition. Ignoring this is a valid option.
Robbi, I am sure you have a good enough sense of humour to take this in the manner it is intended:

It's been quite a while since a Lancaster last upset a German quite this much. :rofl:

Having read through all this thread, please do understand that there are a lot of people on here who do appreciate your input, listen to what you say and consequently have saved themselves a fortune.

PS. I am also struggling to work out why the Pope joined up just to slag you off. :tumbleweed:
What???!!!

You really wrote that?? :rofl:

I honestly think that should be reported as borderline racism. :headbang:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

robertlancaster1094

Post by robertlancaster1094 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:37 pm

RobbiZ4 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:29 pm May I post a short summary for your 3 minutes task?

1 loaded battery
2 wires from the battery terminals, one to ground (earth - however you name it), the other with a needle or MQS pin to pin 12 of the removed 54pole plug below the junction box ECU sitting left of the front fuse panel
0.5 seconds of contact will activate the central locking motor of the trunk lid
:thumbsup:
ok thanks

robertlancaster1094

Post by robertlancaster1094 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:38 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:34 pm

What???!!!

you brought race into this not me

robertlancaster1094

Post by robertlancaster1094 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:38 pm

What???!!!

nationality isnt a race so it wouldnt be borderline or in any way racism

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:40 pm

robertlancaster1094 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:38 pm

What???!!!

nationality isnt a race so it wouldnt be borderline or in any way racism
When you finally bludgeon your boot open, would you mind awfully just climbing inside and shutting it again. :rofl:

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:46 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:40 pm When you finally bludgeon your boot open, would you mind awfully just climbing inside and shutting it again. :rofl:
Did you really write that? :tumbleweed:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:47 pm

RobbiZ4 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:46 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:40 pm When you finally bludgeon your boot open, would you mind awfully just climbing inside and shutting it again. :rofl:
Did you really write that? :tumbleweed:
:rofl:
Yup. Lowered myself. Sorry. :wink: