Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Leak under the Passenger side flooring - near back of the seat

Pkrs1

Post by Pkrs1 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:35 pm

Just to share a story, couple of years ago I had a problem with the passenger airbag. The indication flashed up on the dash. Took to my local garage they found that the connector behind the carpet but under the passenger door sill had blown this requirement was replaced. Before the garage would refit this they had to determine what cause the carpet to be soaked. This was traced back to the scuttle board under the windscreen been damage, this let water in through the air vent which currently soaked the carpet at which point absorbed the water which caused the control to burn out.
Maybe check the seals around the windscreen and rear window. Only a suggestion

MaxSheperd

Post by MaxSheperd » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:41 pm

Pkrs1 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:35 pm Just to share a story, couple of years ago I had a problem with the passenger airbag. The indication flashed up on the dash. Took to my local garage they found that the connector behind the carpet but under the passenger door sill had blown this requirement was replaced. Before the garage would refit this they had to determine what cause the carpet to be soaked. This was traced back to the scuttle board under the windscreen been damage, this let water in through the air vent which currently soaked the carpet at which point absorbed the water which caused the control to burn out.
Maybe check the seals around the windscreen and rear window. Only a suggestion
it is an OIL leak

Pkrs1

Post by Pkrs1 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:42 pm

From where

RobbiZ4

Post by RobbiZ4 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:19 pm

Wow.
Last edited by RobbiZ4 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MaxSheperd

Post by MaxSheperd » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:12 pm

yes
it doesnt even make sense to replace the whole system whilst people have identified the weak points of the system.

I have NOT identified the source of the link but I found trails here and there in the roof storage area in the boot (along with the area behind the seat, which I still cannot understand how it could get soaked in hydraulic oil. But it s clear oil so it has to be from the roof system).
there are holes in the car frame (internally) so it could seep through from the boot area. the headlining is not oily, it seems.
viewtopic.php?p=2020838#p2020838
I will inspect the wiring as well and if worn I will replace in all of the elbows with industrial heavy duty 4000000 times bents guaranteed!

https://www.cabriolet-roof-hoses.com/bm ... roof-hoses

Does anyone know the hose numbers of those going up to the shells?
I am buying from them so they want the number. I can see at least 21, so I would assume the cluster 21 through 24 to go the shell.

thank

max

MaxSheperd

Post by MaxSheperd » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:49 am

just to update this.
The oil was from an old leak as the pump was replace by the previous owner which I contacted. We cleaned everything and since then there is no trace of oil building up. Somehow the oil of the pump leaked through and got behind the passenger seat.
hoses: the numbers are (21,22,23,24) for those going to the shells. We bought them and are there for and if are needed.

All is operating as usual.