Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Seat Belt Guide on seat

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
jamiez

Seat Belt Guide on seat

Post by jamiez » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:32 am

Morning!

I noticed that the seat belt guides on my zed, the piece on the seat, it just a plain plastic clip type thing and not finished in nice brushed chrome like the rest of my interior

I cant find the bit on realoem either

Advice?

Thanks
Jamie
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

csmith319

Re: Seat Belt Guide on seat

Post by csmith319 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:56 am

That's an interesting thought - that would be nice as chrome / brushed aluminium - the E92 coupe has nice polushed bits around that area.
2006 Z4MR - Black on black
2007 997S - Cobalt Blue
2007 130i LE - Carbon Black, Lemon Leather and lots of toys - GONE!
2006 3.0si Sport Roadster - Silver, black hood & black leather, MV2's, stubby & ZHP gear knob - GONE!

scottyD

Post by scottyD » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 pm

No advice on the color, but I know how to take it off if you're interested, but you already probably figured that part out.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 pm

jamiez wrote:Morning!

I noticed that the seat belt guides on my zed, the piece on the seat, it just a plain plastic clip type thing and not finished in nice brushed chrome like the rest of my interior

I cant find the bit on realoem either

Advice?

Thanks
Jamie
If you have the ///M sports seats then I think you will be stuck with the black ones, certainly the one on mine are very thing not like the ones I have seen on older non ///M style seats which I believe are changeable

Aero1971

Post by Aero1971 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi Guy's

I'm really sorry; I'm a newbie although I've owned the car since July last year; but I'm a regular visitor hear I just wasn't a member. however I firstly wanted some advice on swapping/removing a part and secondly wanted to thank all you guys for the forum, it's a wealth of very useful and in all cases so far, correct information that saves a great deal of pain asking dealers for their help (a licence for them to pint money!!)

So firstly; how do you remove/swap the leather seatbelt guides (non BMW M-Sport seats) guides; I've got the plain back ones and I want to swap these out for the new chrome versions I've just bought from BMW; they didn't include instructions!!

To date the car has the following upgrades/changes:

1. ZHP short shift weighted gear knob
2. ITG replacement panel filter - long life and better made than and OEM version
3. I'm in the middle of swapping my BBS 108's for a set of Ellipsoid's which are now with an Alloy Wheel refurbishment company having them blasted; dipped; and res-prayed/lacquered etc in a slightly darker silver/titanium finish compliment the Merlot paint.
4. I've removed one of the filters from the sound chamber - yet to hear the difference as I live on a hill and it's been snowing so no getting of my drive at the moment!!
5. De-badged; it's the 3.0 so I have nothing to prove and would rather not have the attention........well not until it's too late for them to do anything about it!
6. Clear side indicators and rear centre brake lens
7. I hunted down and resolved every little creak and rattle; much of the advice being on here, I used a great deal of black sticky back felt bought in A4 sheets from Hobby Craft of all places - windscreen surround now silent as is the rear cubby hole and top area where the roof sits!!!
8. Stubby aerial from those guys in the US - again advice from here!!
9. Remote key re-programming so I now have, key remote roof up and down, auto lock on drive off, alarm bleeps, home lights and remote windows up, not down as the hood goes down too, although that's not the end of the world by any stretch!!

To Do:

1. I'd like to upgrade the speakers but only in the original placements so they'd be factory ; but this looks like a headache as I've bought speakers with the correct size but the BMW OEM units are square, so the bolt holes are further apart - any suggestions here?
2. I'd like to change the dash/gear surround trim from the titanium finish to Piano Black or Chrome, but this looks very costly although very easy!

Lastly; my old BBS 108's, they're in need of some TLC as they all seem to be, they're going on ebaY, any ideas on the price, I really just want to sell them as they are sold as seen etc, so a guide on the price or if someone here wants a set, but they do need a refurbishment?

My Spec:

3.0se
6 Speed Manual
Merlot Red
Oregon Black Leather
Heated Seats
Cruise Control
Xenons and Electric seats, dimming mirror etc (standard I think on the 3.0se)
First Aid Kit
Multi Player
Mesh Windbreak
M Sport Suspension with BBS 108's (being replaced by Ellipsoid's)

Thanks

Aero :roll:
Last edited by Aero1971 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:10 am

Aero1971 wrote:2. I'd like to change the dash/gear surround trim from the titanium finish to Piano Black or Chrome, but this looks very costly although very easy!
Your correct in saying this isnt cheap unless you get lucky like I did getting Carbon Leather for £180.

Replacing is half a day job though as half the interior need to be removed as the part on the centre console is held on by 30 screws.

One option would be to remove your exisiting and get it sprayed or find some brushed aluminium panels cheap on ebay and experiment with those.

I still have mine, but until I sell my Z4 I'm keeping as they may go back on if I go for a ///M that hasnt got the carbon leather fitted.

czechT698

Post by czechT698 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:41 am

Or you might get them vinyl wrapped... :)
--./......................\.--
(OO\ (||||) (||||) /OO)
|__|....................|__|
sterling grey 2.5i roadster, black leather, //M Fahrewerk packet, Sport packet, Heated seats, Comfort pack, Xenon and sexy 103s 17" with Pirelli ZeroNero

Aero1971

Post by Aero1971 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi Guys

I think at £180 i might just leave the dash in that case; in fact the 30 plus screws is my my biggest of putting notion!! I've noticed touching screws on my Z4 = a new creak or rattle, if it's not broken leave it alone!! Fitting the phone holder clamp to the dash where the stereo slots in was enough fun alone!

So does anyone know how to switch the non-M Sport leathre seat belt guides,; as I said I have the new shinny ones and I'd like to swap these for the dull blakc ones currently fitted on the seats, do I have to remove the seat cover - please let this not be the case!!

Thanks

Peter

Aero1971

Post by Aero1971 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 am

scottyD wrote:No advice on the color, but I know how to take it off if you're interested, but you already probably figured that part out.

Please; does someone know how to do this; if not I'm stuck with the boring black......help!!!! :headbang: :)

Lee.fowler82

Seat Belt Guide on seat

Post by Lee.fowler82 » Thu May 19, 2022 8:05 pm

Hi sorry to jump in on your post but the black seatbelt guide on the drivers side UK spec is the one part of my interior that is broken and I'd really like to replace it does anyone know where I can get a replacement from and also what the part number would be if I was to order one. Just want to make sure I get the right part thank you for any help you can provide 👍

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Seat Belt Guide on seat

Post by Smartbear » Thu May 19, 2022 10:13 pm

Lee.fowler82 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:05 pm Hi sorry to jump in on your post but the black seatbelt guide on the drivers side UK spec is the one part of my interior that is broken and I'd really like to replace it does anyone know where I can get a replacement from and also what the part number would be if I was to order one. Just want to make sure I get the right part thank you for any help you can provide 👍
Hi, all the part numbers you’ll ever need right here https://www.realoem.com/
Your local bmw dealer would be a good place to start.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold