Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where is the leather?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
extaz

Where is the leather?

Post by extaz » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:33 pm

My E89 335i has the black leather interior. Most of the dash and door trim seems to be plastic but it is hard to tell. The console cover also seems to be other than leather. The seats are leather but again the headrests and sides may be something else.
It all looks fine but I would like to know where to use the products for cleaning and treating leather.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Where is the leather?

Post by Maniac » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:38 pm

extaz wrote:My E89 335i has the black leather interior. Most of the dash and door trim seems to be plastic but it is hard to tell. The console cover also seems to be other than leather. The seats are leather but again the headrests and sides may be something else.
It all looks fine but I would like to know where to use the products for cleaning and treating leather.
A) a 335i is a 3 series. The e89 is likely a 35i
B) leather and type depends on the package you have with your car. Some parts are leather, other is faux leather on dash/door cards etc if you have extended leather otherwise just plain plastic if no dash cover (stitched).

Leather cleaner will work fine on faux leather too.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Where is the leather?

Post by ronk » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:29 am

My new one has Kansas leather - extended option (pre ordered) but the online BMW gurus could not describe the package to me :thumbsdown:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: