Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

End of the Z4. E89 production finishing in August.

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:23 am

pvr wrote:Why do you mention year 2 and 3 only as the table is showing it for 5 years or am I reading that wrong?
No, I read it wrong! :headbang: worse than I thought! It's pure lunacy, for the first time in years they have more people buying new cars and now they want to tax them into older cars!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:44 am

paddy wright wrote:
pvr wrote:Why do you mention year 2 and 3 only as the table is showing it for 5 years or am I reading that wrong?
No, I read it wrong! :headbang: worse than I thought! It's pure lunacy, for the first time in years they have more people buying new cars and now they want to tax them into older cars!
As the new tax rates hammer new cars with a list price of >£40k it makes me wonder if we'll see lost of cars that are currently in the £40-£50k bracket produced as low-spec models with a list price of just under £40k but with a long list of, almost compulsory, 'dealer-fit' options that are invoiced separately - even if some of the options are just coding changes to enable features
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:48 am

PerryGunn wrote:
paddy wright wrote:
As the new tax rates hammer new cars with a list price of >£40k it makes me wonder if we'll see lost of cars that are currently in the £40-£50k bracket produced as low-spec models with a list price of just under £40k but with a long list of, almost compulsory, 'dealer-fit' options that are invoiced separately - even if some of the options are just coding changes to enable features
If they can get away with that I'm sure they will try, it whether the 40k is the list price or the sale price I suppose.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:49 am

How about discounting the new car price from £50k to £39.9k, and have dealer fitted mats for £11k :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:55 am

paddy wright wrote:
PerryGunn wrote:
paddy wright wrote: No, I read it wrong! :headbang: worse than I thought! It's pure lunacy, for the first time in years they have more people buying new cars and now they want to tax them into older cars!
If they can get away with that I'm sure they will try, it whether the 40k is the list price or the sale price I suppose.
It's list price - same as the value for BIK calculations
Alpina Roadster S #320

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:58 am

Only problem I can see is unless the 'extras' are compulsory then they won't do it as listing an expensive car below 40k means they would technically have to sell the base spec car at that price. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:07 am

PerryGunn wrote:
paddy wright wrote:
PerryGunn wrote: As the new tax rates hammer new cars with a list price of >£40k it makes me wonder if we'll see lost of cars that are currently in the £40-£50k bracket produced as low-spec models with a list price of just under £40k but with a long list of, almost compulsory, 'dealer-fit' options that are invoiced separately - even if some of the options are just coding changes to enable features
It's list price - same as the value for BIK calculations
Its a interesting point, I would have thought the Inland Revenue would have this covered some how and it will follow the example of BIK i.e the P11D value of your particular vehicle including all options on the road. However BIK is usually worked out somewhere down the line by accountants/payroll depts/inland revenue. With the new system they will need this info at the point of registration to tax accordingly. I suppose it wont be too hard to add this to their systems and get the supplying dealer to give them the info at the point of registration
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:09 am

How is it that one dealer won't take orders anymore and another still is? Stratstone Chesterfield have ceased taking new build orders on the Z4 but Sytners Nottingham are still taking them. Surely a sale is a sale so why the difference?
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:10 am

john-e89 wrote:How is it that one dealer won't take orders anymore and another still is? Stratstone Chesterfield have ceased taking new build orders on the Z4 but Sytners Nottingham are still taking them. Surely a sale is a sale so why the difference?
Some dealers may have pre-allocated build slots that they can fill, others may not have any slots left
Alpina Roadster S #320

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:13 am

Ah ok makes sense, I did'nt realise the slots we're pre-booked. Thanks Perry.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:49 am

pvr wrote: What happened about going on holiday first, digest material and stroll back to the dealer in a months time? :poke: :lol:
Man Logic set in !

I made a fundamental mistake, I called into the dealer without Mrs K for an unrelated reason and just got talking to them !
They wanted me to sign there and then, but my sensible brain cell was there fortunately. Hiwever I've just had a call from another local dealer who wants me to go and see him this morning .

One of them is going to be huffed I think.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:55 am

Did you do the broad speed quote to take with you?
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Northotheborder

Post by Northotheborder » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:02 pm

When I use to sell cars, we called it 'BMWW', Brave Man Without Wife!

WilliamB

Post by WilliamB » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 pm

I've been reading more on the Z5, it could actually be the perfect car. Larger, look better than competitor models, hybrid and more options. When you compare the newer Z4 to the old Z4, the Z5 could be phenomenal. I just hope they keep it in the same price point otherwise the Z will be forgotten entirely.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:23 pm

pvr wrote:Did you do the broad speed quote to take with you?
I didn't, because a family friend showed me the live Bmw system and the cars coming into the uk were all a "555 status" which is a locked down / in build status - he did a search for an acceptable build for me and he found one with the required toys. I should add the guy is not in sales and had no axe to grind apart from that he is trustworthy.

The dealer I first talked to said he had a build slot available - it is I'm told, an industry standard ploy, get the punter signed up with the promise, then sweet talk them into something acceptable.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: