Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What do you think about using this for my top

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Jeff_Seymour

What do you think about using this for my top

Post by Jeff_Seymour » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:34 pm

What do you think about using this to protect my top?

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Re: What do you think about using this for my top

Post by GAZA62 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Funny you should post this as when i was asking my mate a Tech for BMW about roof protection he was saying that quite a few of the boys in the workshop recomend using tent waterproof sprays just need to make sure it will not do any damage to the paint would not have thought so.
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:44 pm

PhilDZ4 wrote:I wouldn't.
Would have to agree on that even though i was recomended using them but when it comes to my Z wont take chances i even use BMW screen wash scared anything else may damage the top
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

BMW^Z4

Post by BMW^Z4 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:22 am

get raggtop
Sterling grey ,108 starspoke, alarm,KW v3 suspension,clear lights,cd/mp3, ipod 20GB, hardtop,manual,wind deflector, aerodynamic package, silver trim,Michelin pilot sport tyres, cruise control etc ...

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 am

Why would you spray a product designed to make a tent waterproof onto the top of a car where the canvas layer is designed to be permeable?

Stick to BMW products or as also recommended Ragtop, that's a 2 part cleaner and protector and don't risk a £££'s roof.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

20ducks
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 20ducks » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:Why would you spray a product designed to make a tent waterproof onto the top of a car where the canvas layer is designed to be permeable?

Stick to BMW products or as also recommended Ragtop, that's a 2 part cleaner and protector and don't risk a £££'s roof.
Couldn't agree more. Stay with what BMW recommends.

Jeff_Seymour

Post by Jeff_Seymour » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

You see that's why I ask these things. Thanks for the advice :D

Sceptre

Post by Sceptre » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 pm

I ouldn't use it but it does remind me of a time when I did.

Skiing in New Hampshire with wife and friends. My wife thought it was needed for our ski outer wear. So she coats the 'coats' on the balcony - in fresh air.

My friends in the next room notice how water and snow repellent our jackets are and we tell them what we did and where to get it.

They coated the clothing in their room when they got back from drinking.

They woe up with the worst headaches in their lives due to the propellant in Camp Dry.

Use in well ventilated area!!

Sceptre

PS - I used Raggtop on the Z4 and will again.
----------------------------
03 Z4 3.0i 6 speed, Xenon, Cruise, 18" elips, Sat Nav, Mod CDV, cup holders, K&N, OEM Strut Brace, Eibach Pro, Reinhold Roof Module, Wind Deflector.

emdinva

Post by emdinva » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:09 am

I have used Raggtop and the BMW version. I prefer the BMW version. Excellent results on three cars.

Ztandem

Post by Ztandem » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 am

Raggtop is recommended by the company that makes the cloth top for the Z4 and many others. I've used the cleaner and it works well. I use 303 protectant after cleaning and the water bubbles for months. I now have to wipe off the top after washing since the water is just sitting there in bubbles.

Jeff_Seymour

Post by Jeff_Seymour » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Ztandem wrote:Raggtop is recommended by the company that makes the cloth top for the Z4 and many others. I've used the cleaner and it works well. I use 303 protectant after cleaning and the water bubbles for months. I now have to wipe off the top after washing since the water is just sitting there in bubbles.
I think I will get some of this "Raggtop" stuff. I take it that "Raggtop" is a cleaner? I noticed that my top because it's 5 years old is not one consistent black color. Is there anything to get it back to that brand new solid black color?