Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Post Reply
User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21739
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:54 pm

No reason why the M should have its own market watch as many on the forum follow all the models so feel free to post up any you find whether good,bad,cheap or dear , it all helps to formulate a good knowledge of the Z4 market :thumbsup:

This would be my pick of the current offerings ,
2007 SI Sport good colour, 48k & a decent spec for what i would consider a reasonable ask at £10750
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-COUPE- ... 4d33c94997

& cheaper 56 plate SE spec with auto 77k £8950

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-56-BMW-Z ... 35ebcebb1c
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters

F82 M4

Image

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7020
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 am
Location: High Peak,Derbyshire.

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:58 pm

There was a silver one floating about at £7k ish the other week..

Seems a decent buy

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21739
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote:There was a silver one floating about at £7k ish the other week..

Seems a decent buy
The high miler ? 125k on ? i did have a cheeky thought of mrs w running it as her daily :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters

F82 M4

Image

User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7858
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by ben g » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Wouldn't mind a coupe myself as i've had my hardtop on for a while now and haven't particularly missed the roof down action.

Only problem is a lot of very practical hatchbacks are quicker than them now. I want my next car to have at least 300bhp and more than 2 seats.

Also, I absolutely hate the fact there is virtually no steering feel whatsoever. It's just such a crap system. My puma won hands down in that department.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21739
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:52 pm

ben g wrote:Wouldn't mind a coupe myself as i've had my hardtop on for a while now and haven't particularly missed the roof down action.

Only problem is a lot of very practical hatchbacks are quicker than them now. I want my next car to have at least 300bhp and more than 2 seats.

Also, I absolutely hate the fact there is virtually no steering feel whatsoever. It's just such a crap system. My puma won hands down in that department.
So what does that leave you looking at Ben ?
Appreciate there may be others with more power than 265 but does that also mean more problem's ?
& also unlikely to match a Zcoupe on looks & rarity ?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters

F82 M4

Image

User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 7858
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by ben g » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:12 pm

Thats my exact problem Mr wilks :lol: I don't particularly like driving a car that everybody else has. Appreciate the Z4 roadster isn't exactly rare, but it's not a common sight by any means.

This is where the coupe wins :(
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Eastsix
Member
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by Eastsix » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:23 pm

mr wilks wrote:No reason why the M should have its own market watch as many on the forum follow all the models so feel free to post up any you find whether good,bad,cheap or dear , it all helps to formulate a good knowledge of the Z4 market :thumbsup:

This would be my pick of the current offerings ,
2007 SI Sport good colour, 48k & a decent spec for what i would consider a reasonable ask at £10750
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-COUPE- ... 4d33c94997

& cheaper 56 plate SE spec with auto 77k £8950

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-56-BMW-Z ... 35ebcebb1c


Ooh that 2007 SI Is very nice, good price too!
Currently between Zeds...
Image

csl1973
Member
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm
Location: telford shropshire

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by csl1973 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:14 pm

This makes me feel happy about buying my z coupe last year. It had 42k on it in march 14 when I picked it up, just clocked over 46k now. I love the coupe more knowing the rarity of it. Granted it's not the M coupe, but it's still a coupe that's more than capable and still gets looks compared to the more powerful hatches out today.
2006 Silver-grey 3.0si coupe including miles of smiles.

User avatar
Taz
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 19490
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Saddleworth

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by Taz » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:17 pm

do we think the coupes will fall in value much more?

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21739
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Taz wrote:do we think the coupes will fall in value much more?
I think the 56/07s have held tight for the last 18 months , even leggy early cars are unlikely to be found under £8k ?
£9500 for a 07/57 sub 70k would seem a reasonable deal today so pretty much the same as they were last year :wink:
Mileage & condition more relevant as the years go by , well kept,well specced cars unlikely to fall far in value imo
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters

F82 M4

Image

csl1973
Member
Member
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:06 pm
Location: telford shropshire

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by csl1973 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:31 pm

Possibly, depends on how many survive the ownership of owners who don't follow the service bmw set. And if many fall into the hands of younger owners who thrash/drift and don't care what they have. Eg E36/46 328-330.
2006 Silver-grey 3.0si coupe including miles of smiles.

User avatar
jamesbond
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:56 am
Location: UK

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by jamesbond » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:34 pm

.
Last edited by jamesbond on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Born in Yorkshire ended up in Essex .. 35is Mel red now sold
Own 2 big cats (F type & XE S supercharged) looking for a z4 Hobby Car

z4 3.0i 03 - Z4 3.0i 04 - Z4 3.0i 05 - Z4 3.0i 03 - Z3M (s54) 03 Man - Z4M 06 - Z4M 06 - Z4M 07 -
Z4 35is 2014

blobslosak
Member
Member
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by blobslosak » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:34 pm

The webuyanycar price of my 2009 coupe has actually gone up since I last checked when I bought it last October, and that's despite the extra owner and 4k more miles, which I thought is an interesting indicator.

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 21739
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancashire

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:34 pm

csl1973 wrote:Possibly, depends on how many survive the ownership of owners who don't follow the service bmw set. And if many fall into the hands of younger owners who thrash/drift and don't care what they have. Eg E36/46 328-330.
Providing prices stay over the £8k which they have done then it rules out many of the guys who wouldn't look after them
The low production numbers will help a lot as oposed to the above cars
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters

F82 M4

Image

User avatar
Taz
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 19490
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Saddleworth

Re: Z4 3.0 Coupe market watch

Post by Taz » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:39 pm

it would be an advantage if a few were picked up by people who don't look after them, the more that get wrecked the better, the good 1's will command more

Post Reply