Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M R on Pistonheads

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Atomic

Z4M R on Pistonheads

Post by Atomic » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm on the look out for a Z/ ZM and spotted this on PH.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 07/4298388

Good price, good spec and given I'm looking for a daily driver nice mileage too.

Does anyone know the car?

Oh, and apologies for the lack of a "hello" or "I'm looking for" thread but I'll leave that until I find a Z.

Thanks

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4M R on Pistonheads

Post by RickRob » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 pm

I don't recognise the car, but it looks nice and it has a whippy aerial!

Good luck with your Zed search - when you get one you won't be disappointed.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Atomic wrote:I'm on the look out for a Z/ ZM and spotted this on PH.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 07/4298388

Good price, good spec and given I'm looking for a daily driver nice mileage too.

Does anyone know the car?

Oh, and apologies for the lack of a "hello" or "I'm looking for" thread but I'll leave that until I find a Z.

Thanks
For spec,miles & the ins2 recently completed with bulk BMW history that's a decent priced M roady .
You could wait a good while for a similar car to come along at that money .
If £13k drove it away then you should be a happy chap :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo + Golf R

Minihen_LDN

Post by Minihen_LDN » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:34 pm

That looks like a very good price if you can drive it away for £13k, especially with recent //M prices sky rocketing
Gone - Grey 04 Z4 3.0
Gone - Silver 06 Z4 //M Roadster

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I'll see if I can check it out at the weekend.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:21 am

I know this car BK07 WBO, in fact I owned it for a couple of days (not recorded on the logbook as luckily the dealer hadn't sent the paperwork off for this or the car I sold to them). I bought in in September 2011 but rejected the car 2 days later after finding out the Main Dealer had been economical with the service history. The issue being that it was overdue a service by 8 months. Now this is when the car was supplied with a BMW warranty and after a call to Modial who provided the warranty who confirmed that it may not be honoured I decided to reject the car.

It's done about 13k in that time and the other issues on the car when I looked at it the dealer sorted for me so if it's been looked after apart from the 8 month overdue service (time based but no overdue on miles) then might be worth a punt. To be fair there are plenty of other ///M cars on here that have extended gaps on servicing so it's isn't that uncommon. Stuart Truman's 6K garage queen being a prime example.

The only issue could arise if you want to warranty the car, but again Stuart got written confirmation that warranty would be honoured if a Service 2 was done immediately which the dealer did.

If you want any further info please feel free to contact me.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:03 pm

That's the value of a forum right there. Thanks. I'll drop you a PM if I need anything.

Probably back to looking at non-M coupes...

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Is the service history a killer to you?

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:11 pm

If it's time not miles then possibly not but you've got to consider being able to sell it again after.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:20 pm

Atomic wrote:If it's time not miles then possibly not but you've got to consider being able to sell it again after.
Its doubtful the delay would have harmed the car at all .
Your concerns would be justified if you were paying £15/£16k/£17k from a dealer but you're pretty much buying at trade money right now at £13k ish ?
Prices can obviously go down or up but as time goes by then the condition/mileage of the car should take precendent over a 8 month time lapse in history :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo + Golf R

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:35 pm

mr wilks wrote:Its doubtful the delay would have harmed the car at all .
Your concerns would be justified if you were paying £15/£16k/£17k from a dealer but you're pretty much buying at trade money right now at £13k ish ?
Prices can obviously go down or up but as time goes by then the condition/mileage of the car should take precendent over a 8 month time lapse in history :wink:
I agree but at those miles I'd only keep the car a year so I'd have to consider not everyone thinks that way. A for sale thread on here would be very lucky not to have the gap pointed out :lol:

I'd keep a lower mileage car for longer and it'd be less of an issue but for my budget that's probably a coupe. That's no bad thing - coupes are the reason I came here in the first place. Hard not to upsell myself to an M though...

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:37 pm

And as I'm a terrible wheel-whore I've already noted your contribution to this forum Mr Wilks.

It'd be living dangerously close to you too, I'm supposed to be moving up to the Ribble Valley at the end of the year.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:01 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Atomic wrote:If it's time not miles then possibly not but you've got to consider being able to sell it again after.
Its doubtful the delay would have harmed the car at all .
It was about 18k when I bought it 3 1/2 years ago from a local main dealer.

Jess

Post by Jess » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:36 am

I saw this last week, needs £700-800 of work. Reg to different address also. Offered him£12k. Had rear damage also at some point.

J.

londonbmw

Post by londonbmw » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:03 pm

Jess wrote:I saw this last week, needs £700-800 of work. Reg to different address also. Offered him£12k. Had rear damage also at some point.

J.
sounds like its one to stay away from!