Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How to Wire in a Dash Cam (E85/E86)

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

How to Wire in a Dash Cam

Post by ronk » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:29 pm

My local dealer has notices behind the service desk to say they must be turned off.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Phil40

How to Wire in a Dash Cam

Post by Phil40 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 pm

ok :) (but i don't trust local dealer BMW in France ...) :|
I use now an recorder audio with microphone...
E89 2011 Sdrive 23i manual Sapphire Black - France (sorry for my english level not perfect) ;)

longshaw

How to Wire in a Dash Cam (E85/E86)

Post by longshaw » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 pm

rangerx292 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:03 pm
noiseboy72 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:34 am I fitted my camera before i saw this guide :headbang:
I wired into the interior light, soldering onto the circuit board. Very easy to do and the camera stays live for about 30 minutes after the door is locked.

The light has a permanent positive feed and a switched negative. This is not an issue for the 5v converter and there’s plenty of room to fit the converter with some double sided tape.
Does anyone know which wires are the positive and switched negative. Basically trying to wire in a dash cam, I do not have the wiring loom to tap into. Only have four wires that go into the mirror. Please see attached files of the loom in my car, the white and purple to me looks like white and black. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Does anyone know which wires are the positive and switched negative.
Adam L - e85 Sterling Grey