Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKING

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
syb

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKING

Post by syb » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Does anyone know how to set the doors to lock as you drive off?

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Re: AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKING

Post by Aebous » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a dealer option. Just walk on in and tell em that you want it.
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4

bsmith_tsu

Post by bsmith_tsu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Unfortunately the dealer will have to program that. If you decide to have that done you might want to get a list of all the other options you might want to change. If you enable the lock feature one thing to consider is that after you shut off the car and open the door you have to pull on the handle twice. Once to unlock the door then a second to open the door. I was concerned I wouldn't like that option at first, but now it doesn't even phase me.
Brian
Previous owner of
2003 Z4 2.5i
AUX, Sound Generator, Clear 3rd Brake and Sides, Stubby

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:07 pm

and it's programmable by key not car, so choose which keys/drivers you want it activating on
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ElegantSpoon

Post by ElegantSpoon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:18 pm

You can just set it to be on with the car and all the keys you don't need to have them there with you. I also had the roof open/close by remote setup and a few other bits. Cost £25.
BMW Z4 2.2i, 108s, Red Leather! CDV Mod, ZHP Shift Knob, Retro fit ///M Multifunction Steering Wheel, Retro fit Xenons!

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 pm

ElegantSpoon wrote:You can just set it to be on with the car and all the keys you don't need to have them there with you. I also had the roof open/close by remote setup and a few other bits. Cost £25.
Interesting my programme option sheet specifically allocates the function to key not car so there much be year or model changes somewhere or difference of roadster to coupe
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ElegantSpoon

Post by ElegantSpoon » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Yea it might be :) Mines a devember 2004 model.
BMW Z4 2.2i, 108s, Red Leather! CDV Mod, ZHP Shift Knob, Retro fit ///M Multifunction Steering Wheel, Retro fit Xenons!