Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M Track Mode enabled on Z4MR

"M" Specific discussion
GT Spec

Post by GT Spec » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:55 pm

taz1966 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:59 pm What i was trying to say are you any where near Colchester.
Hi,

Not too far, Stanford le Hope. Could arrange to meet halfway perhaps if you are interested.

Let me know

GT Spec
E85 M, Aero Skirts and Hardtop
Schrick 288/280 Cams and Rockers
Karbonius Race Airbox
BMW Motorsport 4.1 FD
Supersprint Full System inc 100 Cell Cats
163M CSL Rims
Bilstein/Eibach B12
Recaro Sportster CS

Diagnostic scanning and coding in Essex

taz1966

Post by taz1966 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:48 pm

GT Spec wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:55 pm
taz1966 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:59 pm What i was trying to say are you any where near Colchester.
Hi,

Not too far, Stanford le Hope. Could arrange to meet halfway perhaps if you are interested.

Let me know

GT Spec
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am in Colchester this week but not with the car.
If it is ok i will contact you when i am next in Colchester with the car.

Sean.

Adam D

Post by Adam D » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:06 pm

GT Spec wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:53 pm
Adam D wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:21 pm
GT Spec wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:19 pm I have activated M-Track mode on my M Roadster. Happy to offer this service around London/Essex/Kent areas.
Would be very interested :) are you far from Laindon?
Hi mate,

I’m very close yeah! Stanford le Hope. Drop me an DM if you want.

Cheers
Brilliant! Off on hols Sunday but will drop you a message when I’m back :)
Silver Grey 2007 Z4MR which needs to be driven more :evil: :P :cool: :D :thumbsup:

GT Spec

Post by GT Spec » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:30 pm

Adam D wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:06 pm
GT Spec wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:53 pm
Adam D wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:21 pm Would be very interested :) are you far from Laindon?
Hi mate,

I’m very close yeah! Stanford le Hope. Drop me an DM if you want.

Cheers
Brilliant! Off on hols Sunday but will drop you a message when I’m back :)
:thumbsup:
E85 M, Aero Skirts and Hardtop
Schrick 288/280 Cams and Rockers
Karbonius Race Airbox
BMW Motorsport 4.1 FD
Supersprint Full System inc 100 Cell Cats
163M CSL Rims
Bilstein/Eibach B12
Recaro Sportster CS

Diagnostic scanning and coding in Essex

Mynewz4

Post by Mynewz4 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:34 pm

Anyone near Surrey /south West London who would kindly help me with this please? Happy to pay a fee for your trouble. Many thanks. Dtc is great. Allows most of the fun without risk of the snap oversteer or rapid potential dangerous rotation in the wet.

Justino

Post by Justino » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:00 pm

resurrecting my old post - has anyone coded these additional settings, which i think are required so we have MTM and not just DTC?
Justino wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:40 pm Bringing up an old post, but looking at getting the MTrack mode on the Z4MR this summer.

I want to get it correct, and what Beedub posted makes sense. Was this ever fully resolved, ie what needs changing to get full fat MTrack, and not just the 3.0 Si version? It doesn't seem as simple as simply changing

TRAKTIONDIFFERENZREGELUNG = aktiv

I know for example one setting is different between the Coupe which has the CSL rack, than the Roadster so

LENKWINKELKENNLINIE_2 = wert_04 for Coupe and wert_05 for Roadster.

I would like to understand these entries, mentioned by Beedub. In brackets is the setting for the standard M3, not in brackets is CSL/CS

UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2 = wert_11 (wert_09)
UNTERSTEUERSCHWELLE_2 = wert_04 (wert_05)
UNTERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2 = wert_03 (wert_02)

Whilst researching, also seen mention of these settings

DTC_LAMPE = aktiv (nicht_aktiv) as we dont have the M Track symbol on the dash, I belive we need this set to nicht aktiv, which it may be by default anyway

PRE_MSR = aktiv (nicht_aktiv) - unsure what this is
BAUART_MK60 = csl (coupe_m or cabrio_m) - ?
DRUCKMODELL_HINTERACHSE = typ_3 (typ_2) - typ 3 is for ZCP brakes - I know we have CSL discs, but does a Z4M have ZCP calipers? (I am thinking yes, as the rear caliper on the Z4M is the same part number as the CSL, and has a larger piston than a standard M3)
Beedub wrote: FWIW just noted the m3 guys are able to get the actually M-TRAK light , some are getting the DTC light, but it seems this light can be activated too, anyone tried this one the z4m platform ??? guessing our cluster may not have that bulb.

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthrea ... 098&page=3

also to get the DTC set so its actually cutting in and out at he CSL spec M track we need to change these settings.. to these but they appear different in our data, so I'm not totally sure what we are activating in our instance but its definitely not the higher thresholds that the CSL have without changing the below... we seem to just be adding in the function from the 3.0Si which id guess isn't optimised for the M-diff...

UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2 - wert_11
UNTERSTEUERSCHWELLE_2 - wert_04
UNTERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2 - wert_03

all info in the above thread.

turning on TDR isn't changing any values of the understeer oversteer cut in and outs i don't think, but not sure how to check???

is this a way to check the valves for the DTC mode?? and where do i change them, i can see the above germans sentences in the mk 60 module but how do we know if thats for the traction fully on, DTC , or the OFF mode settings?

Edit... after reading up on DTC we are definitely at a high wheel slip allowance.. so will try some different settings and report back,.
2008 Z4MR Silver Grey
2017 Audi A6 Avant Quattro 3.0 BiTdi
2003 Clio 172 Cup