Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ETA Motorsport - Kent

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: ETA Motorsport - Kent

Post by Bing » Wed May 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Sounds like a great day, good service as usual :thumbsup:

Nearly called you for a beer at about 5.10 when I was sat on the A2 car park, figured you'd be still out or busy though...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

srhutch

Re: ETA Motorworks - Kent

Post by srhutch » Wed May 13, 2015 7:30 pm

inkey$ wrote:Another thumbs up for ETA Motorsport. Took the MC in for an oil service today. One bacon sandwich and a trip over the road to Brand Hatch later she's done, service light reset and service book stamped. Picked up the car, drove back to Brands and spent the past few hours watching American classics take to the track.

If you live near or can get to West Kingsdown in Kent and looking for a top notch Indy, Geoff and Matt really are worth a visit.
If I could get home easier from there I would def use them. My Indi is OK though and not far from work, provides a courtesy car so works for me.

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed May 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Can you get a direct train from Tonbridge or TW Steve ? With some warning & co-ordination I could taxi you...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed May 13, 2015 8:13 pm

No, would have to get to/from Polegate station and then train to Hastings or Redhill and change there for Tonbridge.

When you factor in train fares and extra time required, 2 days of work for inspection 2 it's just not worth it.

Walkers Autotech in Billingshurt is who I'm going to use from now on, they did my Inspection 2 and pleased with what they did. Would like to keep the service book stamped with the same Indi if possible also as chopping and changing doesn't look good in my eyes.

If ETA had a courtesy car though, then would def consider going there.

jan_tekin

Post by jan_tekin » Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Might give them a try, mines due an oil service in 1500 miles and @95k it might be a good time to stop using the dealers. Got a 3500 mile euro trip in July so it would be a good idea to get it done before i go away
Current: M135i
Sold:3.0lsi Sport Roadster, Xenons,Heated seats, blutooth, Hi Fi,Comfort Pack, Cruse Control, Stormworks ST1
Gear Knob, Stubby, KW V2s, 224s

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 pm

Mine will get done at H&C in Maidstone - very competent and convenient. Though if they didn't exist then ETA would be my next choice.

jan_tekin

Post by jan_tekin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Booked in for an oil service on the 6th of July after you recommendation :D

First time it will be done out of the dealer network but at 95k there is not much point in carrying it on.

If anyone's free on the 6th and fancies a coffee at Brands hatch around 3pm give me a shout :thumbsup:
Sold:3.0lsi Sport Roadster, Xenons,Heated seats, blutooth, Hi Fi,Comfort Pack, Cruse Control, Stormworks ST1

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Lynchy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:55 pm

I'll make a note of that Jan,remind me the week before and I might be able to get there.Once I get my new service book up to date I'll be sticking it in at ETA for service and check over.

jan_tekin

Post by jan_tekin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Will do :D

riddzz666

Post by riddzz666 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Another thumbs up for ETA
OIL service and Brake fluid done
Book Stamped
All good

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:32 pm

riddzz666 wrote:Another thumbs up for ETA
OIL service and Brake fluid done
Book Stamped
All good
:thumbsup:
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Stu Boy

ETA Motorsport - Kent

Post by Stu Boy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:29 pm

Had my INSP 1 carried out by the guys at ETA this week, i also had a bit of preventative maintenance carried out with the Vanos getting overhauled, all the seals, timing chain guide, AR shims (not sure what these were but vanos related),Vanos bolts (mine being a late model already had the uprated bolts) but these were replaced with further uprated versions, they also replaced the oil pump hub for one with slightly smaller holes, this almost eliminates the 'rattle' that can occur and leads to the oil pump driver tabs from breaking off. All in all great service and advise from ETA, these boys know the S54 engine very well. Fairly local for me so i'll be using them in the future and i'd definitely recommend them :thumbsup:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

Matt.13

ETA Motorsport - Kent

Post by Matt.13 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Stu Boy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:29 pm Had my INSP 1 carried out by the guys at ETA this week, i also had a bit of preventative maintenance carried out with the Vanos getting overhauled, all the seals, timing chain guide, AR shims (not sure what these were but vanos related),Vanos bolts (mine being a late model already had the uprated bolts) but these were replaced with further uprated versions, they also replaced the oil pump hub for one with slightly smaller holes, this almost eliminates the 'rattle' that can occur and leads to the oil pump driver tabs from breaking off. All in all great service and advise from ETA, these boys know the S54 engine very well. Fairly local for me so i'll be using them in the future and i'd definitely recommend them :thumbsup:
Hi Stu, I’m thinking of having this work done at Eta soon do you mind pm me a ball park figure on what you had to pay.
Thanks
2nd gear sideways

Stu Boy

ETA Motorsport - Kent

Post by Stu Boy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:48 pm

PM Sent :thumbsup:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

ETA Motorsport - Kent

Post by Lynchy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Just had another Ins 2 this week at ETA.