Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Warning Lights - DSC Sensor/Alternator

"M" Specific discussion
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue - FIXED

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:32 pm

flimper wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:16 pm 8 years on and seems like I may need another DSC sensor, Warning lights on & off and fault codes suggest DSC sensor and high voltage issues :headbang:
Well on the plus side, you can't be far from Ross at RBM, so you know you'll get good workmanship and diagnosis.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue - FIXED

Post by flimper » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:43 pm

I'm still with Will at TWG
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue - FIXED

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:50 pm

flimper wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:43 pm I'm still with Will at TWG
Oh, ok, fair enough. I admit I'm not au fait with him, but your continued patronage must mean something.
Hope you get it sorted.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

S54 PILOT

DSC Sensor Issue - FIXED

Post by S54 PILOT » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:17 pm

Try to change battery or and voltage regulator, I know sounds stupid but that was the case for me

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue - FIXED

Post by flimper » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:01 pm

The battery should be OK, only replaced it a few months ago
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

DSC Sensor Issue - FIXED

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:19 pm

If Will has read the codes and it's showing a DSC fault it looks like you may need another one. :(

When my battery died last year I got the same three amber lights after jump-starting it. Ross read the codes and reset the steering angle sensor setting and they have stayed off since then, but I think there are a few other problems that can cause the same 3 lights to come on.

Good luck getting it sorted. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue - FIXED

Post by flimper » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:58 pm

Thanks, I think it's moisture that has got in again, I'm tempted to see if it dries out and the problem goes away over the warmer months

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by flimper » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:38 am

When this happened first time around I had three warning lights, this time four, anyone help?
Attachments
IMG_20220302_154209.jpg
IMG_20220302_154209.jpg (85.77 KiB) Viewed 643 times

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 am

When I had all four it turned out to be an ABS sensor on the wheel, front left in my case.
That could be a cheaper answer for you? My code reader showed up which one was the issue.

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by flimper » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:00 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 am When I had all four it turned out to be an ABS sensor on the wheel, front left in my case.
That could be a cheaper answer for you? My code reader showed up which one was the issue.
OK cheers, I've noticed light steering, did you suffer from that at all?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:11 pm

flimper wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:00 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:27 am When I had all four it turned out to be an ABS sensor on the wheel, front left in my case.
OK cheers, I've noticed light steering, did you suffer from that at all?
Nope. Trying to work out what would cause that? With those lights on my traction control was inhibited, as I discovered when I tried to reverse up my gravel drive on a slope!!
Now how would that make the steering lighter? Most odd.

Ha! Unless you've pumped the front tyres up way too hard to the point where the DSC can't cope. :D

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by flimper » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:17 pm

Strange isn't it. My traction control is definitely working as I gave it some beans to test and it flickered away nicely :?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:26 pm

flimper wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:17 pm Strange isn't it. My traction control is definitely working as I gave it some beans to test and it flickered away nicely :?
Well that's me out of ideas I'm afraid.
What's the plan? Swap the yaw sensor as a diagnostic? Or check for other codes?

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by flimper » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:34 pm

Back to TWG and see what the codes say. I imagine it will be a new DSC sensor and hope that fixes things :(

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

DSC Sensor Issue

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:10 pm

flimper wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:34 pm Back to TWG and see what the codes say. I imagine it will be a new DSC sensor and hope that fixes things :(
Well that ain't gonna be cheap!