Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Phones that are compatible/incompatible with BMW Bluetooth

unionjack

Post by unionjack » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Motorola RAZR V3XX works great.
Alpineweiss / Imolarot | Premium Package | Heated Seats | Navigation | Hardwired V1 | Shorty Antenna | H&R Springs | Black Kidney surrounds

sixspeed

Post by sixspeed » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 pm

Sony Ericsson P-series don't work at all!
:(

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:57 am

Motorola V6 MAXX works great, having just swapped from an 04 to an 07 I can confrim the 07 doesn't suffer from the older units problems - lack of volume and clarity. if you can swap the module as mentioned elsewhere I would deffo get a dealer to sort this. It is as good as a the Parrott system I have in the other car. :thumbsup:
Aston V8V

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:22 am

Please, please, please! Just PM me the details of the phone and I will edit the top post on this thread.

Sorry for shouting, but it does say this in the top post and doing it this way keeps all the info together and much easier to scan through for anyone who is trying to find out if a potential phone purchase will work!

Hopefully with the big text there the next person with helpful info will spot it, and PM me :D

sapphire_nick

Re: Phones that are compatible/incompatible with BMW Bluetooth

Post by sapphire_nick » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi all

I have just put a deposit down on a z4 coupe and can't wait to pick it up.
Now I have had a look and I can see that my phone Apple iphone is only compatible with cars built from Sept 07 - as mine is a june 07 car, what would I need to make it compatible?

Is there software that can be downloaded onto the car that I can get from anywhere or the dealer?

All the best
Nick
3.0si coupe in sapphire black. HIFI prof DSP, Professional Nav, Star Composite 18s, elect fold mirr,MFSW, heated black leather, Intravee, Cruise Control, Manual gearbox.

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:05 pm

sapphire_nick wrote:Hi all

I have just put a deposit down on a z4 coupe and can't wait to pick it up.
Now I have had a look and I can see that my phone Apple iphone is only compatible with cars built from Sept 07 - as mine is a june 07 car, what would I need to make it compatible?

Is there software that can be downloaded onto the car that I can get from anywhere or the dealer?

All the best
Nick
Nick, I have a 2003 Z4 and the iPhone works just fine!

David.

em2b96p

Post by em2b96p » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:23 am

the procedure shown on http://www.wireless4bmw.com does not work for me. is there a different procedure for 2004 z4's with pop up navi?

sapphire_nick

Post by sapphire_nick » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:50 am

how wierd, David! Thanks. I pick the car up on thurs so I will confirm then. The parts guy called me and said it would not work. I thought that was wierd to be honest. Do you get full functionality with the sat nav?
3.0si coupe in sapphire black. HIFI prof DSP, Professional Nav, Star Composite 18s, elect fold mirr,MFSW, heated black leather, Intravee, Cruise Control, Manual gearbox.

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:36 pm

sapphire_nick wrote:how wierd, David! Thanks. I pick the car up on thurs so I will confirm then. The parts guy called me and said it would not work. I thought that was wierd to be honest. Do you get full functionality with the sat nav?
I have the Pro Sat-Nav - the one with the poppy-up screen. I guess if you don't have that, the pairing process may be different and the method of going through the address book will be different too.

But, as far as functionality goes it receives calls (important!) and makes them too. The address book syncs up just fine - if you have more than one number for a contact (e.g. work and mobile numbers for 'John') it comes up on the screen with 2 address book entries ... 'John (Mobile)', 'John (Work)'.

I did have some trouble with it when running an old iPhone firmware (it sometimes would not connect) but on the newer firmwares (1.1.2 and above) it's been plain sailing. I did find that after upgrading the firmware I needed to re-pair the phone, but not a big deal.

Let me know how you get on with it ...

D.

davidpfitz

Post by davidpfitz » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:44 pm

em2b96p wrote:the procedure shown on http://www.wireless4bmw.com does not work for me. is there a different procedure for 2004 z4's with pop up navi?
That's basically the process ... although step 1 if the important one. You need to have the car in bluetooth pairing mode. There's a bit of a knack to putting it in pairing mode, and there are a few tutorials on this site. My process with my Pro-Nav poppy-up screen Z4 is:

1) With key OUT of the ignition, take the centre cabinet door down.
2) Press and hold the pairing button (which looks like a face, shouting)
3) Put the key in, turn two (I think!) steps. i.e. the one before the engine would be started.
4) As soon as the poppy-up screen starts to rise, release the pairing button.

The car should be in paring mode, and the screen should confirm this. Now follow the iPhone instructions on the wireless4bmw site. Once you've paired successfully, turn the car off, and then back on. You should pair up automatically and be all set.

D.

sapphire_nick

Post by sapphire_nick » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Dave

That is strange - I have just updated the firmware on the iphone to version 1.1.4 and visited the car at the dealers yesterday to pair it up and it would not work :-(
No idea what we were doing wrong - do you have a pairing procedure?

The sat nav system is the pro pop up version like yours. It has bluetooth and telematics if that helps.

Really wierd! Did you have to update the car software on the nav system?

Nick

sapphire_nick

Post by sapphire_nick » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:31 pm

sorry... you answered above!! :oops:

What software version is your iphone then?

seanwr400

Post by seanwr400 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:30 pm

I have tried to get my Sidekick to work with no luck....

sapphire_nick

Post by sapphire_nick » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:45 pm

Have just seen that the iphone snap in adaptor has been made available in America.... Let's hope we get it soon. It is meant to be about £60 when it comes

http://accessories.bmwusa.com/ItemView. ... ductId=948

carl

Post by carl » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:38 am

Please note that whilst the SE W880i works, the snap-in adapter doesn't fit due to a large lump hanging out of the left-hand side.