Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Voice Control

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Z4Golfer

Voice Control

Post by Z4Golfer » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:47 pm

Is there a way to add voice control to my bluetooth? I had it with the M3 and miss it, and am wondering if it's an option that can be added.

gogu

Post by gogu » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:04 am

my wife's '07 coupe does have voice control for bluetooth.

Hold down the button on the left side of the steering wheel until you hear a beep. Then you can say commands like "dial number" and there will be a male voice guiding you.

Z4Golfer

Post by Z4Golfer » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:04 pm

gogu wrote:my wife's '07 coupe does have voice control for bluetooth.

Hold down the button on the left side of the steering wheel until you hear a beep. Then you can say commands like "dial number" and there will be a male voice guiding you.
Yes, I realize that, I had it on my M3 as well as I have said. What I asked was can it be added if I don't have it now (which I definitely don't so there is no point in holding down any buttons!). :?

gogu

Post by gogu » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:22 pm

Sorry I miss read your question.

On the newer model the voice control stuff is part of bluetooth. Maybe you can find a way to upgrade your bluetooth module. There is something about bluetooth retrofit int he HOW-TO section maybe that would help.

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:23 pm

gogu Welcome To The Forum... :thumbsup:
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos