Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Great video.. then I saw the badge...

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Great video.. then I saw the badge...

Post by Maniac » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Thought what a good video, then saw the badge on the side... why 'big up' an already great car... its like they feel its not worthy and stick a badge on it... you're not fooling anyone fella, and, anyone that knows cars (99% of the people that own the cars you tracked with that day) know your car isn't an 'M'!

Just take off the badge please, you're giving the rest of us a bad name :P

*edit: I've also just noted the sound, the engine roar on the str8's... not my engine sound and not my shift times, note the long gaps between shifts.. not on my DCT you don't! So, a fake badge and a fake sound... c'mon guy, if you're reading this, be real. You should change your car if you feel you need to big it up with a badge and big it down(?) with a slow shift sound!

dario

Re: Great video.. then I saw the badge...

Post by dario » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:43 pm

It understeers like an old E85!

I thought that trait had been dealt with on the E89.

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Hmm, you've not shoved your car into a fast corner have you... the e89 has understeer alright. Camber changes are required for track use, cos its set up for the road (safety) by default. Shoving it in sport + (with dynamic suspension) helps, as does a little extra throttle ;)

dario

Post by dario » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Maniac wrote:Hmm, you've not shoved your car into a fast corner have you... the e89 has understeer alright. Camber changes are required for track use, cos its set up for the road (safety) by default. Shoving it in sport + (with dynamic suspension) helps, as does a little extra throttle ;)

True, this one wont see the track like my ole E85. i'd like to keep this one feeling "new free" for some tome to come. Track use made my E85 tired too early at 50K miles.

having said that, if its going too quick for the front to grip, or the guy was early on the throttle, then possibly that was the cause.