Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I've been bad...

First port of call for new members
Badbobby

Re: I've been bad...

Post by Badbobby » Wed May 16, 2012 11:23 am

My nan lent me the lamp for the weekend, so i've given it her back now.

marchantsuk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by marchantsuk » Wed May 16, 2012 11:24 am

Carol M wrote:Woooo! Nice :D :thumbsup:

Love those wheels. Also you need a stubby and you need to remove that carriage lamp off your boot, it will cause too much drag. :D
:rofl: :rofl:
Previous:
e89 2.5se Roadster
5 series touring
SLK 320
Audi A6 Avant Black edition
Now:
e86 M Coupe, Black/Red
Volvo XC60 R-Design

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 pm

micz4 wrote:

Love those wheels. Also you need a stubby and you need to remove that carriage lamp off your boot, it will cause too much drag. :D
Agree with everything,except the carriage lamp,i think it gives it a certain olde worlde charm :oops:
Yes, can't argue with that but the pressure distribution over the body surface exerts normal forces which, summed and projected into the freestream direction, represent the drag force due to pressure. The nature of these normal forces combines shock wave effects, vortex system generation effects and wake viscous mechanisms all together.
When the viscosity effect over the pressure distribution is considered separately, the remaining drag force is called pressure (or form) drag. In the absence of viscosity, the pressure forces on the vehicle cancel each other and, hence, the drag is zero. Pressure drag is the dominant component in the case of vehicles with regions of separated flow, in which the pressure recovery is fairly ineffective.
So, to sum up, with the carriage lamp drag is increased by 0.307456 and without you would lose this drag so increasing speed by 5.88678.
:D :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Wed May 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Think you got the best one there. If you get an older car it is much nicer to get a rarer one as it is more special than any standard 3.0 of that age.

First black / black I have seen though, always been Black / Red.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

SUUNTOBOB

Post by SUUNTOBOB » Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Carol M wrote:
micz4 wrote:

Agree with everything,except the carriage lamp,i think it gives it a certain olde worlde charm :oops:
Yes, can't argue with that but the pressure distribution over the body surface exerts normal forces which, summed and projected into the freestream direction, represent the drag force due to pressure. The nature of these normal forces combines shock wave effects, vortex system generation effects and wake viscous mechanisms all together.
When the viscosity effect over the pressure distribution is considered separately, the remaining drag force is called pressure (or form) drag. In the absence of viscosity, the pressure forces on the vehicle cancel each other and, hence, the drag is zero. Pressure drag is the dominant component in the case of vehicles with regions of separated flow, in which the pressure recovery is fairly ineffective.
So, to sum up, with the carriage lamp drag is increased by 0.307456 and without you would lose this drag so increasing speed by 5.88678.
you need to get out more! :rofl:
Z4 Roadster 3.0Si gone :( :(
325 SE Auto Steptronic E90 gone :( :(

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 pm

:thumbsup: Congrats - sure you'll enjoy the ownership. And as a more refined ride, the carriage lamp will help with the gentleman's wheels image :)
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Badbobby

Post by Badbobby » Wed May 16, 2012 1:33 pm

I would have preferred red interior and non-black, but I also needed something less obvious at work - so black/black works out.

Don't know if it was a good selection yet! Sounds like the one in Devon is a dog and other options were a touch too expensive as this was the max I was wanting to pay.

Z4 TEX

Post by Z4 TEX » Wed May 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Carol M wrote:
Amazing what info you can get of Wikipedia ! :wink:
Image Silver 3.0 Si Sport Roadster

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Wed May 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Verrrry nice! :thumbsup:

Two priority jobs, get yourself on the exclusive roadster club, and get the car on the Alpina Register
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

I've been bad...

Post by Adamski » Wed May 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Sapphire black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 pm

Z4 TEX wrote:
Carol M wrote:
Amazing what info you can get of Wikipedia ! :wink:
Don't know what you mean. :evil: :D

Badbobby

Post by Badbobby » Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 am

Sapphire black?
I believe so...

Stubby - can I get any screw in one or do I have to pay £20 sheets for a BMW one?

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

I've been bad...

Post by Adamski » Thu May 17, 2012 1:50 pm

You can get a Mangowalk on eBay for less :) £8 sounds about right from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

mrlozzer
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mrlozzer » Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 pm

micz4 wrote:Agree with everything,except the carriage lamp,i think it gives it a certain olde worlde charm :oops:
Nice spot with the carriage lamp! :rofl:

Nice looking car Badbobby!
Sold:3.0i|Sterling Grey|heated leather|nav|DSP|18" CSL reps|452s|eibach|facelift & de-ginger|aero skirts|alcantara MFSW|CF badges|DICE|cruise|gaptech|strut brace|Alcantara M seats

Badbobby

Post by Badbobby » Thu May 17, 2012 2:43 pm

What size Stubby should I be looking at?? So many decisions....