Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 20i - Hill Assist

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Re: E89 20i - Hill Assist

Post by Carol M » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:41 pm

kevinmarkwhite wrote:Actually not telling you about the £350 is sneaky, but at the same time, irrelevant - you agreed the only compensation you wanted (through negotiation) was the parking sensors, so they were entitled to do whatever with the money - effectively you got more than the £350.

Agree, sneaky but fair enough.

However, you didn't get the OEM sensors, which is where the issue is.

Also, thats crap about the salesman not knowing what OEM means....surely thats a requirement in that job!

If you return the car, will you lose out on the finance deal/discounts?

Another option would be to say you want it put back to beforehand (i.e. no sensors) with perfect bumpers, and then take the £350. Doubt that'll happen though.
No, I don't think that'd happen. They'd probably have the car back before they'd do that.
Might be worth suggesting to them tho.

Rialas

E89 20i - Hill Assist

Post by Rialas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 pm

Ok. I'll be a little cheeky.

They were given £350 by BMW, but installed the £250 variety and kept the change!!!!

If the dealership accepted £350 without your knowledge then they are now responsible, even if it means them being out of pocket to supply the quality item. I'm no solicitor though so just a guess.

Personally I would upgrade to the bigger engined car that you can option the hill assist. Would that be something you would consider? You may have to pay a little more.
Good luck.
Costa.

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Yeah, I think you probably right. Can't see them paying more than £350. I reckon they could've made a little profit there. Be interesting if BMW ask to see the bill.

Maybe they'll upgrade me with no extra cost. :thumbsup:

Rialas

E89 20i - Hill Assist

Post by Rialas » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 pm

:thumbsup:

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Guys - those of you that received monetary compensation for the lack of hill assist, did you have to sign any form of paperwork to say you had accepted compensation when you received it?

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Typically compensation offers are via email and BMW keep a record of your acceptance via your email reply. That's my experience given compensation I've received for other issues.

KeithJ

Post by KeithJ » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 pm

No, why do you ask?

On another note, as for as compensation and acceptance, etc. it's not legally binding until the compensation transaction is complete. So if you cash the cheque then you have officially accepted the offer and that's it done. At least that's what I am lead to believe.

I am due the cheque for 800 soon!
Last edited by KeithJ on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 BMW Z4 M Sport 2.0i - Alpina White with Red Coral leather - BMW Professional Loudspeaker - Heated seats - Wind Deflector - Extended Lighting - Electronic Folding Mirrors - Engine model deletion

Andrew*Debbie

Post by Andrew*Debbie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Carol M wrote:Guys - those of you that received monetary compensation for the lack of hill assist, did you have to sign any form of paperwork to say you had accepted compensation when you received it?
We didn't. It was informal and handled by our salesperson. Our compensation was £350 in dealer credit. I'm not going to pursue additional compensation even if I have the right to.

Driving the steep and narrow roads in Bethesda today, I missed having hill start.
The models, equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Subject to change. YMMV.

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Reason I'm asking is because BMW paid our dealer without us having any knowledge of it I wondered if we should have signed some sort of acceptance or at least sent an acceptance email to BMW.

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:30 am

I would send an email saying you agreed a compensation package of OEM front and rear PDC. No figures were discussed (cos not relevant).

And point out you didn't get what you'd agreed with the dealer.

When you have your meeting I'd keep making the point that you agreed on OEM and didn't get OEM.

Alwilb

Post by Alwilb » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 pm

I might have been the last person with this as an issue!

I ordered the car at the end of March I think it was and my dealership still had hill start listed in the brochure at this time (although BMW's website didn't). The car of course didn't have it. BMW UK weren't interested (just the £350 standard credit) but after a good bit of to'ing and fro'ing with the dealer and then his principal, I agreed a settlement of winter tyres. They came in a couple of months ago and I had them fitted today. £1600 tyres (will cost the dealership less of course) and free fittings and storage for the 3 year term of the PCP. They also washed the car which I know a lot of you don't like but I'm always happy to get my car washed!

Pretty pleased with the settlement in the end. Not the best on the thread by a long way but I did come quite late to the party - it wasn't an open and shut case. So let's hear it for Cooper BMW Durham - happy customer here!

Carol M
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Carol M » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm

That's not a bad result there. Well done. :thumbsup:

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:07 pm

Dear god I never thought I'd see this thread back again!

micz4

Post by micz4 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Amen :rofl:
2010 2.3i ,Sapphire Black,Kansas Red Leather,2 years of joy,replaced by Porsche Boxster 2.7

Andrew*Debbie

Post by Andrew*Debbie » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:09 am

FWIW, it the new X3 xDrive20d doesn't have Hill Assist either. The 6 cylinder diesel X3s do have hill start assist, but they also come only with an automatic transmission. I have no idea why BMW has done this.
The models, equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Subject to change. YMMV.