Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 2.0i M Sport Finance Deals

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4 2.0i M Sport Finance Deals

Post by navid.v » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:40 pm

test drove a 28i this morning with auto transmission, not a fan of auto's and prefer manual ;) was going to test drive a 20i but was sold yesterday so dealer is looking to get one from BMW on Monday and lend me to see how it goes.

I might change my mind in the end :lol:

Andrew*Debbie

Post by Andrew*Debbie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:09 am

If you do get a test drive in a Manual Transmission 20i, could you check and see if the hill-start assist is working.
The models, equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Subject to change. YMMV.

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:48 am

Geeman wrote:Was out at my dealer today... They had no 2.0i's in unfortunately but I got a drive in an 11 plate 23i ...

Roof down was excellent!! (memories of my old mark 1 MX5 from a few years back ago... Big fun!)

Only thing was it was still a 6 pot and I really want to try a 4 pot before committing to the deal..
Anyone driven a 2.0i? I know it's going to be totally different to my 3.0si but just how different?

It's a good deal IMO http://www.easternwestern.co.uk/Emails/ ... sport.html

Would like one in blue with cream leather...
I've driven them both albeit only briefly. The 23i does sound better, but subjectively the 20i felt like it picked up better at low revs and if anything felt more lively, though i didnt really get a chance to red line either of them. I think the 23i would have more power top end, but in every day use I thought the 20i was surprisingly good. I blipped the throttle a few times when back at the dealers and the 20i did have a nice little exhaust burble on lift off.

You should be able to get a better deal on the one quoted above as well :D
Z4 2.0i sDrive TVR Tamora Audi S3 Saloon

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 am

Andrew*Debbie wrote:If you do get a test drive in a Manual Transmission 20i, could you check and see if the hill-start assist is working.
I asked about it yesterday on the test drive, and the sales guy said it did have it an explained how it works, but then I didn't remember to find a hill to try it on :oops:

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Andrew*Debbie wrote:If you do get a test drive in a Manual Transmission 20i, could you check and see if the hill-start assist is working.
I was going to ask but forgot, will check definitely and let you know.

pharv72

Post by pharv72 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Geeman wrote:Was out at my dealer today... They had no 2.0i's in unfortunately but I got a drive in an 11 plate 23i ...

Roof down was excellent!! (memories of my old mark 1 MX5 from a few years back ago... Big fun!)

Only thing was it was still a 6 pot and I really want to try a 4 pot before committing to the deal..
Anyone driven a 2.0i? I know it's going to be totally different to my 3.0si but just how different?

It's a good deal IMO http://www.easternwestern.co.uk/Emails/ ... sport.html

Would like one in blue with cream leather...
Geeman print out some offers from other dealers incl Menzies Stirling and ask your dealer to at least match the best, worked for me, if they want your money they'll be only too happy to.
Paul
Oh btw I've had a couple of MX5s and loved 'em too
20i m-sport, lovely white/red leather, auto, heated seats, PDC, stubby

joey

Post by joey » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:21 pm

MarkW wrote:Well we've been finally to test drive a 20i today at our local dealers. only had 22 miles on the clock! I was very pleasantly surprised with it after driving the 23i last week and whilst not exhilarating it certainly has adequate performance and the low down torque helps it pull nicely.

After saying we would not sign on the line today, we have ended up doing a deal and placing an order!

The car is primarily for my other half (I still have the 123d and the TVR) but I'm sure I'll get to drive it as well.

We haven't gone mad on extras, but think we got a good deal as they bettered the offer that Menzies BMW advertise :thumbsup:

Alpine white
Black leather
Heated seats
Wind deflector
Front and rear parking sensors
Car list price £33775

Deposit £1439 (£309 plus cost of the extras)
£300 month for 48 months
Full tank of fuel

Car due to be delivered week 17, which is around my partners birthday. :D

Deposit
Hi, congrats on the purchase. Was this deal from Solihull BMW? Looks like best yet! What was the dealer contribution?

Richyrich85

Post by Richyrich85 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi Guys, very interesting read!

First things first ive never bought a new car from a dealership, so this is all news to me.

I wrongly assumed that the deal they have on the Z4 at the moment 299PCM 48 months at 4.9APR was final! How wrong i was!

Basically i specced up my Z4 20i came to about 37k OTR, i plan on doing 10-15k miles per year. I guess it would be very hard for you guys to work out, but any ideas on what a good deal would be as in deposit and monthly cost?

Also im interested in the fact it can be 24 months agreement, does that mean after two years your get the right to buy it (at a much bigger amount then 48 months) or just hand it back in and start an new deal?

Or if you decided to hand it back after 24 months what would you lose out on?

The reason i ask, my Misses... she’s fretting about 48 months... now if i could get this at sub £400 a month on 15k miles per year and over 24 months... we could be on for a winner. :D

Finally im looking to buy in 6 months time, so end of Sept, is this deal likely to even be around then?

Thanks in advance!

JDM

Post by JDM » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm

All depends on what spec you go for. The 299 PCM stated is a basic car at the list price of £32,645..

I think it would be do-able over the 24 months as some dealers are advertising it as a 24 month deal. The options you get on a 24 month deal at the end of the term is exactly the same as on a 36 or 48.. Pay the balloon and buy it or hand it back and start over again.

The deal that is on at present is for orders placed before 31st March and delivered before 30th June. So if you are not looking until six months time unfortunately you will miss out on the deal.... Unless of course BMW decide to extend it?

Hope this helps you a little
04 3.0SE Roadster, 07 3.0Si Coupe, 12 2.0iSdrive M Sport... Gone but not forgotten

Now proud owner of an Audi TT TFSI S line, Misano Red Amplified black edition... Don't shoot me.

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

based on what I was told, the deal will change in April by BMW as we are heading towards the summer!

G14RRV

Post by G14RRV » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

DEAL ends 31st March..

i am on 48 months but dealer told me i can swap out after 24/36 if i fancied. Obviously would have to be a BMW as they use the remaining equity i think towards deposit
||2012 Z4 Sdrive20i M Sport||Alpine White||Coral Red Kansas Leather||

Andrew*Debbie

Post by Andrew*Debbie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Richyrich85 wrote:
Basically i specced up my Z4 20i came to about 37k OTR, i plan on doing 10-15k miles per year. I guess it would be very hard for you guys to work out, but any ideas on what a good deal would be as in deposit and monthly cost?
Options other than paint don't add to the final value. That means you have to pay the full price of the options either in deposit or during the contract term. Use any of the on-line finance calculators to figure out how much your goodies add to the payments.

The quoted lease offers are at 8k miles per year. 10k or 15k will add to the monthly payment but reduce the optional final payment. Makes sense since you are using up more of the car.
Or if you decided to hand it back after 24 months what would you lose out on?
Well you don't have the Z any more.

Finally im looking to buy in 6 months time, so end of Sept, is this deal likely to even be around then?
BMW offers run for a quarter. The current offer is for cars ordered by the end of Marchl. September is in the July, August, September quarter. I don't have a crystal ball. My guess is summer deals on convertibles won't be as good.
The models, equipment (standard and optional) illustrated in this post reflect my misunderstanding of vehicles supplied by BMW AG to the German market. In other EU member states, the truthyness of my posts may vary. Subject to change. YMMV.

MarkW

Post by MarkW » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:34 pm

joey wrote:
MarkW wrote:Well we've been finally to test drive a 20i today at our local dealers. only had 22 miles on the clock! I was very pleasantly surprised with it after driving the 23i last week and whilst not exhilarating it certainly has adequate performance and the low down torque helps it pull nicely.

After saying we would not sign on the line today, we have ended up doing a deal and placing an order!

The car is primarily for my other half (I still have the 123d and the TVR) but I'm sure I'll get to drive it as well.

We haven't gone mad on extras, but think we got a good deal as they bettered the offer that Menzies BMW advertise :thumbsup:

Alpine white
Black leather
Heated seats
Wind deflector
Front and rear parking sensors
Car list price £33775

Deposit £1439 (£309 plus cost of the extras)
£300 month for 48 months
Full tank of fuel

Car due to be delivered week 17, which is around my partners birthday. :D

Deposit
Hi, congrats on the purchase. Was this deal from Solihull BMW? Looks like best yet! What was the dealer contribution?
Hi, The total contribution works out at £9016.54 (made up of £6731.54 BMW/Dealer contribution, £2225 BMW finance, £60 tank of fuel) which I was very pleased with :D

However, the only slight downside is that they have set the optional final payment slightly higher, which they have said is due to the extras giving it a slightly higher residual value (not convinced). My final payment is 12737 as opposed to 12497 on the Menzies offer for the standard car.

It's only a £240 difference so does this seem reasonable, and for those of you with 4 year PCP's what final payments do you have?

You can still get out of a 48 month deal in 24/36 months etc, provided you have positive equity in the car, which may be possible but it depends upon how residuals hold up over the next few years and nobody has a crystal ball.

Andrew*Debbie

Post by Andrew*Debbie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I was told that metallic paint was the only option on a Z4 that adds to the residual. But who knows. With a deposit contribution just over £9000, I wouldn't be too worried about the £240 at the end. 9K is over 25% of MSRP!

Hugh discount.

kevinmarkwhite

Post by kevinmarkwhite » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:17 pm

When I ordered mine, I decided to add sat nav and some other toys, and the residual went up by a few hundred. I dont have metalic paint, so other things do add to the value, but not by a huge amount.

Cant remember now, but mine is in the 12.5k range?...All I think is that it means the car depreciates £20k in 4 years! Ouch!