Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

UK EVENT - ROADS, VALLEYS & CIRCUIT FUN 16 – 18TH MAY 2008

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
dario

UK EVENT - ROADS, VALLEYS & CIRCUIT FUN 16 – 18TH MAY 2008

Post by dario » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:00 pm

The plan for this event has a different theme than anything i have organised in the past. After arrival at the Hotel (see link below) on the Friday evening it will be an informal get to know you. As for food you may chose to eat at the hotel or before arrival.

We will head off to Llandow Circuit after breakfast on the Saturday.
Although one of the smaller circuits in the UK, Llandow offers a unique opportunity for Novice and Intermediate users to enjoy some technically challenging corners in a controlled environment.

We have the capacity to accommodate 30 cars, although initially only 10 cars will be allowed on track at any one time. Some controlled sighting laps to start, allow the novice and more experienced user to gain confidence before being allowed to explore their own abilities with an open pit lane. This will allow everyone a good deal of time on track.

A full day on track will cost £130 per car – which by UK trackday costs is very competitive.

Even if you don’t fancy taking your own car on track, you are more than welcome to join us and will probably have the opportunity to take in some laps as a passenger with a variety of drivers and vehicles

The Court Colman Manor is our base for the weekend, featuring exotic themed bedrooms, award winning restaurants and a stunning location.
For further information or to sign up for this event please PM me for payment details. You will be asked to pay up immediately even though the event is in May.
Please note this event is limited to 30 cars, currently we have 18 signed up. If you are interested, only payment reserves your place on track.

Where are we staying?
http://www.court-colman-manor.com/
We have reserved the WHOLE hotel. It is first come first served for the rooms - so if you want a cheaper room get in there early. When you call up - quote "Z group" and book the room you want. They have 29 rooms - 2 Singles, 2 Twins, 10 Doubles, 3 Triples, 2 Quads and 10 Themed Rooms - the rates are pretty much the same as stated on the web site - our discount being negated by a recent price rise.
If you are coming for the whole weekend you will need to book Friday and Saturday night. If we fill this hotel then I have the name of a couple of others PM me and I will attempt to negotiate a better rate.
On the Sunday there will be a cruise back to a centralised point near Cheltenham where you will have the opportunity to have lunch.

Where is the track?
The track is situated between Cardiff and Bridgeend - and should take about 20 minutes to drive to on Saturday morning. It may be a short circuit (just under a mile) - but it did host the Evo Magazine M shootout - and their flexibility will allow us to use the track for a group photoshoot.

What are we eating?
The Hotel will prepare an Indian banquet for us on the Saturday evening, with a plated starter and then a help yourself main course - the latter will include Curries, veg side dishes, rice, naans and poppadoms. A quick scan of their website will indicate how highly rated the place is, so my guess is the food will be top drawer. Drinks will be charged to individual rooms / tabs.

How much?
A full day on track will cost £130 per car - which by UK trackday costs is very competitive. That price includes additional drivers and passengers. The evening meal is £25 per person and includes starter - main course - and once negotiated coffee!

What to do next?
Call the hotel and book your room
PM me for the bank details or address to send the cheque. Once payment has been received your name will be added to the list.

Disclaimer
Once payment is made you will not be able to withdraw from this event, however you may be able to transfer your place to another interested party should your circumstances change.

Helmets are compuslary and must be worn by car occupants whilst on track. These are available for hire from the circuit owners for a fee of £20.00 per person.

Attendees
1 - DodgyKen - Servants Room Booked
2 - DavidM - Indian Room booked
3 - NeRo - Single booked
4 - PeteH - Twin Booked
5 - GaryW - Double
6 - 6Pot - Japanese
7 - Roaders - Venetian
8 - red4racing - Mediterranean
9 - alexknight - double
10 - zmrjason - double
11 - SiWilson - double
12 - GavinB - double
13 - RedBaron - room booked
14 - Kalayl (Sven)
15 - Rhubarb
16 - Scamp - Morrocan
17 - PhoenixCoupe - Italian

Non-Track - this is for those who will attend but not take part in the trackday
1 - SteveH
2 - Gazza
3 - Andy
4 - ///Murf

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Re: UK EVENT - ROADS, VALLEYS & CIRCUIT FUN 16 – 18TH MAY 2008

Post by paddy wright » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:37 pm

how many places are left, myself and two mates are defo up 4 it if possible!

dario

Post by dario » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:00 pm

paddy wright wrote:how many places are left, myself and two mates are defo up 4 it if possible!
just checking now, what cars do you and your mates run?

if you are interested and we have the space you will have to pay up almost immediately (sorry if that sounds obscene but its just moving so fast and we have to pay the full cost imminently)

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:41 pm

we run a z4 and a tt. money shouldnt be a prob, sounds like a cracking event
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

dario

Post by dario » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:44 am

Paddy wright, did you get my last pm?

are you and your friend with the TT still interested in comming? is so might be able to swing it for you.

Dario :driving: