Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wheels

Claying, polishing, waxing... share your secrets in here.
Animal

Wheels

Post by Animal » Sat May 21, 2011 5:23 pm

Having a nightmare keeping my wheels clean (CSL's)

A
Clean my car on the drive and dry it then give her a spin round the block to get rid of any excess water before putting her in the garage.

Rusty water stains on the inner wheel have to dry the wheels again :headbang:

B
Same thing but don't drive round the block next time i use her brown dust off the disks all over the wheels :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thinking of spraying the disks with silicone spray to stop the rust on the disks before cleaning but a bit worried on that point as there brakes :!:

I have used wheel wax to help but if using a hosepipe or power wash i can't see how you can avoid this problem.

How do others get on ????

Cheers :thumbsup:

2007 Z4 MC Ruby Black,Champagne Leather,Sat Nav,Heated Seats,Piano Black Dash,Bluetooth,Stubby,Privacy Film,Intravee & Alpine,CSL's,Cruise,Aero Skirts,Remus,Eibach Pro Kit

Alzay

Re: Wheels

Post by Alzay » Sat May 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I use a leaf blower to dry my car and wheels, You look a pap but hey ho. :roll:

prod1

Re: Wheels

Post by prod1 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Please don't spray the discs with silicone you may not have any brakes the next time you try them out!!

what wax have you used and have you taken the wheels off to wax the inner wall? the csl's are hard to do otherwise.

The best bit of kit to use is believe it or not is a dog dryer made by a brit company called Aeolus, find them on Ebay for around £100 its a great way of drying the car all round as its friction less, you could look a knob though!, oh and remember to have hold of the hose before you turn it on as you could look a right pratt chassing the thing around! :driving: :thumbsup:

"God must love stupid people, he's made so many"

Current ride: Z4 Coupe, Deep Blue on Champagne
E46 M3 Estoril Blue on Red