Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

cruise control retrofit - x60002???

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
seanodwyer

Post by seanodwyer » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Guys,

Just fitting cruise control to my n46 engine. Am at the last stage where I need to connect blue cable to switch x60002. Can't find it as there are 3 other 24 pin switches but none are labeled.

Help
2005, 2.0L E85, Toledo Blue. Mods: Stubby, ZHP gear knob, cruise control, AUX, Cup Holders, De-badged, Brodit Iphone 4 holder, OEM hood cover, Black Grilles, OEM mesh windblocker, Nokia CK-100 car kit, tinted rear lights, ACS pedal set and loads of TLC

seanodwyer

Re: cruise control retrofit - x60002???

Post by seanodwyer » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Figured it out with great thanks once again to this forum, quote from other thread:

Just an update on this old thread from someone who has just fitted this retrofit CC kit to a 2.0 (N46), E85, 2008 version of the Z4. All went as planned until I came to join the DME wire. I attached the blue "repair cable" as per the BMW instructions (which was indeed the correct one for this vehicle). However, I then removed the black 26 pin plug from the DME to find that there was already a wire in pin number 4 (this is the pin that the BMW instructions say to connect to). There was no mention of this fact in any of the instructions so I spent the next few hours hunting the net for more details with no luck. I then noticed that on the first page of the BMW instructions it does say that "if any pin chambers are already used, to use double crimps or twin terminals". I also checked the wiring diagram for this connector which simply says that pin 4 is for the cruise control (only). So I removed the wire already there and connected the new (blue) wire to pin 4 in its place (and left the other loose for now). All seems to be working perfectly . The CC is working as it should and I have no other errors or problems I can see at present. I have left the original pin 4 wire loose for now (safely). If anyone knows what this "spare" wire does please let me know. I hope this helps to make the job a little easier for someone else with a 2.0l version.

It's in and working.

Quick note, the BMW instructions did not mention that the block was black which would have helped!

z4-forum saves the day again!

Sean
2005, 2.0L E85, Toledo Blue. Mods: Stubby, ZHP gear knob, cruise control, AUX, Cup Holders, De-badged, Brodit Iphone 4 holder, OEM hood cover, Black Grilles, OEM mesh windblocker, Nokia CK-100 car kit, tinted rear lights, ACS pedal set and loads of TLC

bigal

Post by bigal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:55 pm

hi, am just reaching the very last stages of my cruise control fit. (06 56 2 litre ). cannot for the life of me see any relivant numbers on any of the dme plugs. x60002 does not seem to be visible on any. there is one large plug on the left end which has two integral plugs in it . both have 26 pins ,one is black and one grey. number 4 on both have wires already there. so i am stumped. please , did you make a note of the wire colours you have replaced? have i got the correct plug? my dme is a bosch type. please help if poss. cheers allen

Blue Lizard

Post by Blue Lizard » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

bigal, how did you get the cover off the DME plug?
The block you want is black according to seanodwer's post
Ally

bcworkz

Post by bcworkz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:12 pm

This image should help you figure out the right connector. The 4 wire should have a white wire with black stripe in place. It's for a factory cruise only, so safe to remove or splice into, whatever works.
I don't quite remember how the connector comes apart, best I recall is there's a locking device that needs to be pried up somewhere, then the whole shell slides and releases the inner blocks. Sorry for being vague and possibly wrong. The first part's right though.
"The cause of most problems are solutions" (06 3.0si, sport pkg)

dandimite

Post by dandimite » Thu May 15, 2014 11:28 am

Best solution for a proper connection :

http://www.zroadster.com/forum/index.ph ... 431/page-8

Coltrane23

Post by Coltrane23 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Hi BCWorkz you wrote "This image should help you figure out the right connector. " but there does not appear to be an image posted? Is there one you can post please?