Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

IPOD dock connector cannot work on Aux-in

Solidgold

IPOD dock connector cannot work on Aux-in

Post by Solidgold » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Wanted to connect my IPhone using the Pioneer IPOD dock connector to my stock HU via the Aux-in port in my E89. The IPOD connector
comes with a IPOD dock connector (connects to the bottom interface of the IPHONE) and the other end is a 35mm connector that goes into
the E89's aux-in port.

Once I plugged it in, music continues to come out from the IPHONE instead of the car's speaker system. I have selected Aux-in on the HU and blast
the volume on the HU. Nothing comes out from the car stereo. I switch it to a 35mm connector cables on both ends...one to AUX-in on the E89 and the
other end to the IPhone's headphone jack. That's work. Now, why is that so? I thought that I can get line-out via the IPOD dock connector which will
give me better quality sound. Using IPOD's headphone jack interface is very soft and muddled thus opted to get line-in source.

Anyone got it working?

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Re: IPOD dock connector cannot work on Aux-in

Post by mcbeee » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 pm

I just plug in the Ipod to the combination cable that came with the car, half goes into the USB port and the audio portion goes into the mini plug. It works great.
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)

Solidgold

Re: IPOD dock connector cannot work on Aux-in

Post by Solidgold » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:43 am

Well..Well guess what.

I tried to connect the IPOD dock connector using an IPOD instead. It works perfectly. Now it is obvious that the Iphone 3G 16GB will
not work with the IPOD dock connector. Will need to go back and do more shopping again. Sigh!

For those who are thinking of using the IPOD dock connector cable for the IPhone..plse do a test first to avoid wasting $$.