Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Can you lock for sale posts?

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm

So if you spot a glaring misrepresentation, you shouldn’t point it out if you have no intention of buying?

As said, Forum ads are free and forums are places for discussions and opinions. Pay your fee to Autotrader if you don't want comments.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Kenich

Post by Kenich » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:15 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm So if you spot a glaring misrepresentation, you shouldn’t point it out if you have no intention of buying?

As said, Forum ads are free and forums are places for discussions and opinions. Pay your fee to Autotrader if you don't want comments.
Sorry, did you say its free to post for sale adverts? I must of missed the comment.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:46 pm

Kenich wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:54 pm The original question was just to ask if you could lock the for sale posts. That was answered with the 1st post, thank you.
I am sure only the moderators have the ability to 'lock' or remove threads.
This forum is run in a very 'laid back' style with the onus on the forum members to behave, which we all do 99% of the time. Only serious breaches of 'rules' or personal insults result in threads being locked, or posts removed.

I remember a for sale thread by a very prominent member a couple of years ago, which got many, many responses of one form or another.
Because it all got a bit 'messy' he posted a new for sale thread and asked in the initial post for no-one to contribute unless they wanted to potentially buy. It worked; no-one posted anything other than stuff relevant to him trying to sell his car.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:08 pm

Kenich wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:15 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:11 pm So if you spot a glaring misrepresentation, you shouldn’t point it out if you have no intention of buying?

Sorry, did you say its free to post for sale adverts? I must of missed the comment.
I didn't say. I said "as said", i.e. it had already been pointed out.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Kenich

Post by Kenich » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:22 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:08 pm
Kenich wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:15 pm

I didn't say. I said "as said", i.e. it had already been pointed out.
Ah thanks, I must of missed those previous comments. Thanks for reconfirming, duly noted.

Kenich

Post by Kenich » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:24 pm

Pondrew wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:46 pm
Kenich wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:54 pm The original question was just to ask if you could lock the for sale posts. That was answered with the 1st post, thank you.
I am sure only the moderators have the ability to 'lock' or remove threads.
This forum is run in a very 'laid back' style with the onus on the forum members to behave, which we all do 99% of the time. Only serious breaches of 'rules' or personal insults result in threads being locked, or posts removed.
Thanks for confirming. The forum is an active hive, so those that help run it are doing very well.