Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FOR SALE Immaculate e86 manual 31k miles

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
CraigP

Immaculate e86 manual 31k miles

Post by CraigP » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:51 pm

Having sold my Z4 coupe with around 40k miles on a couple of years ago, I have of recent been having a looking at over at the market for Z4C and M's thinking maybe of getting back in one and so as a potential buyer have read this thread with interest. However the low mileage Z4 coupes are not that rare, I've seen a few this year advertised. For example just last week there was a blue Z4 coupe with just 34k miles in tip top condition with great history and condition for 14.5k and is now sold (not to me).

Currently there's a Z4 coupe automatic with just at the moment with just 26k miles for less than 13k. IMHO I think anything over 15k will struggle to sell as its not rare or collectable enough to warrant approaching a high teens price tag. I Guess time will tell.
Re someones earlier comment "as year on year you need to travel further and further to actually enjoy it. Most drives are crap face it. " That may be their experience but I just go down the road in little olde Holmfirth and my daily drives are superb, i only go around 20-30 miles a day and the narrow, twisty and hilly little roads are ideal for the Z4. These past couple of years I've used my Focus RS, Audi TTS and MX5 as a daily and its a riot, really getting to know the cars.

I've argued before on this forum that a z4 coupe was a bargain as it offered 90% of a Z4M for half the price. Particulary as low mileage coupes were going for 12-13k, however at 18k the Z4C strays into Z4M territory and even with low mileage as a buyer I don't feel like it compares well with a Z4MC in that same price bracket. I would also say that because a car is expensive does nt guarantee its in any better condition than a car at a lower price, some sellers just want to sell the car more than others and are willing to let it go for less.

Fred Smith

Post by Fred Smith » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:15 pm

"just last week there was a blue Z4 coupe with just 34k miles in tip top condition with great history and condition for 14.5k and is now sold"

That car was insanely nice. As someone whose just started looking, I have a feeling that I am going to end up wishing that I'd given myself a £5k higher budget and driven down to see and buy that car the second I saw the listing.

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Zedebee » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 am

CraigP wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:51 pm Currently there's a Z4 coupe automatic with just at the moment with just 26k miles for less than 13k.
Do you have a link for that?
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:50 am

Zedebee wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:27 am
CraigP wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:51 pm Currently there's a Z4 coupe automatic with just at the moment with just 26k miles for less than 13k.
This one!
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... stcode=pe1
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:05 am

Pondrew wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:50 am
This one!
That looks like a bit of a bargain if you don't mind an Auto.

Individual Leather, Xenons, heated seats, pdc, MFSW and Piano Black trim - lovely!

Having owned both I just can't understand why anyone would pay MC money for a 3.0Si just for a lower mileage. It kind of kills the 80% of an M for 50% of the money ethos I've had for years. :(
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:05 am
This one!

Individual Leather, Xenons, heated seats, pdc, MFSW and Piano Black trim - lovely!

Having owned both I just can't understand why anyone would pay MC money for a 3.0Si just for a lower mileage. It kind of kills the 80% of an M for 50% of the money ethos I've had for years. :(
I guess the 80% to 50% ratio still applies (more or less) if you factor in similar mileage and age.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Watson1911

Post by Watson1911 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:41 pm

I spoke to the owner about this car - unfortunately too late as he just sold it.

It went for less than £14k!

coldel

Post by coldel » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:05 am
This one!

Your ethos is good. Its just that we are somewhat obsessed as a nation around mileage of a car (maybe its an island mentality) there will always be a group of people out there that will not under any circumstances buy anything without low mileage and will happily pay through the nose for it.
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 pm

coldel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 pm there will always be a group of people out there that will not under any circumstances buy anything without low mileage and will happily pay through the nose for it.
Guilty, I'm afraid. It's a mentality issue, borne out of having new lease cars every two or three years for decades. I can't buy high milers, I just can't.

It is also a practical thing; a vehicle with low miles will be less 'worn out' in all departments. They are mechanical things made of (mostly) steel. Steel corrodes when subject to the elements and mechanical things wear out. It's simple in my mind!
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:17 pm

Watson1911 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:41 pm I spoke to the owner about this car - unfortunately too late as he just sold it.

It went for less than £14k!
Do you mean the thread subject car, or the other one mentioned? :?

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Mazda3 sold

coldel

Post by coldel » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:24 pm

Pondrew wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 pm
coldel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 pm there will always be a group of people out there that will not under any circumstances buy anything without low mileage and will happily pay through the nose for it.
Guilty, I'm afraid. It's a mentality issue, borne out of having new lease cars every two or three years for decades. I can't buy high milers, I just can't.

It is also a practical thing; a vehicle with low miles will be less 'worn out' in all departments. They are mechanical things made of (mostly) steel. Steel corrodes when subject to the elements and mechanical things wear out. It's simple in my mind!
Oh I get that, but steel doesn't hit a self destruct button at 100k miles :wink: Its not like a countdown timer :thumbsup:
Currently BMW Z4 E85 3.0si
Previously
BMW Z4 E86 3.0si
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo
Toyota Celica ST205 GT4
Nissan R33 Skyline GTST
Vauxhall VX220 NA
Nissan 350z

Shawn_Trn

Post by Shawn_Trn » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:00 pm

coldel wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:24 pm

Oh I get that, but steel doesn't hit a self destruct button at 100k miles :wink: Its not like a countdown timer :thumbsup:
I like that - > destruction button at 100 K .... :lol:

More than steel I would be worrying about rubber elements which needs to be replaced due to its wear rubber aging.
Rust may be an issue if you drive in winter and salt is used to maintain the roads (especially Japanese cars which steel is not galvanized).

As someone already commented - how fast you want to sell the car. I see the same cars being advertised for more than a year now.

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:57 pm

BMW Z4 2.5 si, 28,500 miles 2006, Manual £7,600 This one has been on auto trader since before I bought mine 2.5 yrs ago.
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Nuts

Post by Nuts » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:53 pm

CraigP wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:51 pm Having sold my Z4 coupe with around 40k miles on a couple of years ago, I have of recent been having a looking at over at the market for Z4C and M's thinking maybe of getting back in one and so as a potential buyer have read this thread with interest. However the low mileage Z4 coupes are not that rare, I've seen a few this year advertised. For example just last week there was a blue Z4 coupe with just 34k miles in tip top condition with great history and condition for 14.5k and is now sold (not to me).

Currently there's a Z4 coupe automatic with just at the moment with just 26k miles for less than 13k. IMHO I think anything over 15k will struggle to sell as its not rare or collectable enough to warrant approaching a high teens price tag. I Guess time will tell.
Re someones earlier comment "as year on year you need to travel further and further to actually enjoy it. Most drives are crap face it. " That may be their experience but I just go down the road in little olde Holmfirth and my daily drives are superb, i only go around 20-30 miles a day and the narrow, twisty and hilly little roads are ideal for the Z4. These past couple of years I've used my Focus RS, Audi TTS and MX5 as a daily and its a riot, really getting to know the cars.

I've argued before on this forum that a z4 coupe was a bargain as it offered 90% of a Z4M for half the price. Particulary as low mileage coupes were going for 12-13k, however at 18k the Z4C strays into Z4M territory and even with low mileage as a buyer I don't feel like it compares well with a Z4MC in that same price bracket. I would also say that because a car is expensive does nt guarantee its in any better condition than a car at a lower price, some sellers just want to sell the car more than others and are willing to let it go for less.
I looked at the blue e86 just sold with 34k miles on it. It had two bad patches of corrosion on the front and back drivers side wing and wheel arch. Underneath wasn’t clean either and patches of missing history. Also Montego blue is not the most popular shade. So no, an example like mine is not readily available in top condition.

With regards your point on condition, mine is immaculate as described. Underneath is as clean as a whistle. No corrosion.

For me, an auto is just not the same proposition and not as valued. Some people don’t care, sure.
Z4 (2009 e86) 3.0si Man | Sapphire Black/Champagne

For sale: 911 993 C4 Coupe Man | 80k mls. Polar silver/black

Zeds gone by:
Z4 (2006 e85) 3.0si Man | Black Sapphire
Z4 (2007 e85) 3.0si Auto | Midnight Blue

Fred Smith

Post by Fred Smith » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 am

john-e89 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:49 pm There’ll be someone out there that wants a low mile minter, these si’s are a great car, better obvs as a roady but…. :wink:

Maybe try Carsandclassics to sell as well, might pick up a fastidious buyer wanting something of this calibre as a weekend long term keeper.

Better ad needed imho with more details and pics but looks a cracker. Best of luck. :thumbsup:
I think that it should be common practice to provide a self-made report when you sell a car. Include a list / timeline of the service history and any other repairs or upgrades (with a note to whether or not you can back it up with evidence and what the evidence is), and the evidence as well. And loads of photos of course, and a list of what you know needs attention, however trivial (and indeed if any).

Advert just like you've done but also a "pm me for a 100 page PDF report with 100 photos and full history". If someone is a long way away a report like that might persuade them to make the journey.

I dunno... if you have a great car it makes sense to give prospective buyers every single bit of help you can in recognizing how good it is. If you are a 100% honest person who genuinely cares about the car and the buyer - and simply wishes to sell at a fair price - it makes sense to do this.

This post does not mean to criticize anyone who can't be bothered, doesn't have time, or simply believes that their responsibility only stretches to a fairly honest advert and letting the buyer make their mind up on whether they are going to take a punt or not.