Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ipod nano or usb stick for music tracks?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:21 pm

Chippie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:45 am
tomscott wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am 2024 when music streaming is available seems a waste of time
That’s fine if you have a good data allowance but for anyone on a cheap limited data sim it’s not really an option, having several hundred songs on a USB stick will give a good selection of listening options plus there’s also the radio, I do agree that streaming is certainly the best option.
What year are we living in lol

Streaming music takes barely any data and what plan are you on!? for £10 a month you can get a 30gb plan through voxi, some of them have unlimited social video and streaming too.

15-20 years ago I spent hours and hours managing my own music and honestly its a complete waste of time when you have all these modern conveniences. I don't know maybe I'm a different gen but I'm closer to 40 than 30 lol

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:37 pm

tomscott wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:21 pm Streaming music takes barely any data and what plan are you on!?
Not a problem for me 50gb per month that rolls over, just saying for anyone on a payg sim a usb stick offers a lot music storage, plus people of a certain age tend to be happy with the music they know 😁
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

AnubisZed

Post by AnubisZed » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:20 pm

WOW!!

So to sum up......
You can use a USB (you can get a massive amount of music for those that have a lot of albums in digital format).
You can use an ipod (again a large amount of music).
You can get a cheap-n-cheerful Bluetooth adaptor to stream from your phone (data allowance and phone reception permitting).

For the non-iDrive cars you could have an Android Touchscreen installed and then have streaming music and navigation. Quite a bit more expensive though, although very functional.

It's all down to cost, circumstance and personal preference ..... peace :driving: :thumbsup:
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:55 pm

That just about sums it up 👍😁
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

JakeS76

Post by JakeS76 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:38 pm

I.lose internet signal on my commute so streaming won't work for me.