Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Euro Style Tuning's Apple Car Play installation.

First port of call for new members
Brianpg0

Post by Brianpg0 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:12 pm

Hi has anyone successfully installed the (Australian) Euro Style Tuning Carplay module in an 2011 E89, I'm trying to do it myself, the audio is not coming through as there is no AUX input option in the settings menu, (possibly the iDrive software needs an update) and can't figure out how the connect an after market camera to the three wires on the module's loom, (RCA connection, 12v labeled wire and another wire labeled Camera Trigger) . Everything else works fine.

B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:26 pm

Welcome..it looks liek yet another copy of the MMI box wiely used..

Do you have aux lablled in other MEDIA/CD when you click on it?

Most cameras will have an RCA in and red +12v wire..you connect them as relatively obviously..is your car manual or auto?

Nornally the can bus will trigger a call for reverse to be selected and camera enabled.
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

Brianpg0

Post by Brianpg0 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:02 am

I finally found the AUX which was well hidden by having a CD in the player and it firing up as soon as MEDIA/CD was clicked, I also had to connect my iPhone to the iDrive USB port before I got the option showing.
With this MMI unit there are three connections for the rear camera, VGA, 12Volt out and the third being labeled "Camera Trigger" so my question really was "Does this negate the need to connect the camera to the reversing lights?" I'm not getting a great deal of help from the manufacturer in Australia.

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:28 am

Is your car manual or auto ?
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

Brianpg0

Post by Brianpg0 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:37 pm

Hi B21
My car is an automatic and since posting the above post I have found the correct wiring diagram on the 3M forum which explains the different connections for each, manual and auto.

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:51 pm

Brianpg0 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:37 pm Hi B21
My car is an automatic and since posting the above post I have found the correct wiring diagram on the 3M forum which explains the different connections for each, manual and auto.
All solved ..