Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

LOVELY CRASH IN THE Z4

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
ashtonjay

LOVELY CRASH IN THE Z4

Post by ashtonjay » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:31 pm

Had a blow out last sunday (was actually selling it that afternoon too) spun all over the place hitting quite a few things before both off side wheels slammed up a kerb smashing the alloys to pieces

however it needs 2 new wheels a front bumper and headlight which im not arsed about,probably a grand or so but...
on the rear one side looks miles higher than the other, i cant see any snapped spring or anything can anybody advise
im gonna chuck it in a garage anyway and just leave it with them,if they can fix it for a couple of grand then its just one less shopping trip to Selfridges that week. but im just curious as to why one sides higher than the other

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

LOVELY CRASH IN THE Z4

Post by paddy wright » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:43 pm

Photos?
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

ashtonjay

LOVELY CRASH IN THE Z4

Post by ashtonjay » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:56 pm

ill go over to my mates tomorrow i put it on his drive as the neighbours are already going doolally that i have 5 other cars dotted about on the street

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

LOVELY CRASH IN THE Z4

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:26 pm

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. :(

If the alloys were smashed I'd be surprised if there isn't some suspension damage too anyway good luck getting it fixed. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

LOVELY CRASH IN THE Z4

Post by paddy wright » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:28 pm

Thinking about what you’re describing I’d say there may be the fact the front end has dropped that’s lifting the rear rather than an issue at the rear?
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

j3nks79

LOVELY CRASH IN THE Z4

Post by j3nks79 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:29 pm

If it’s smashed the alloys then you will have bent suspension arms / shocks etc. maybe even shock tower movement.
2009 09 Carbon Black Cinnamon E86