Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

An E89 problem? Yes, the AA.

Busterboo

Post by Busterboo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:42 am

As I mentioned briefly in a long recent post, the AA was unhelpful and actually useless when I, a 'Gold Member', needed it last month. I mean really no good at all. In contrast, BMW Roadside Assistance ('free' with my 100,000-mile+ warranty) - as described in the same post - was excellent.

I mentioned this today to the 2 mechanics at my indy's and they both said that not a week goes by, or even a day, that they don't hear a complaint about the AA from their customers. The most recent was yesterday: a wait of more than 4 hours for a recovery the AA 'sub-let' to another company for a problem a competent mechanic could have fixed in 15 minutes.

I know that organisations like the AA are vulnerable to anecdotal attacks like this, but I also know that some of a lot are very probably right.
Vidi, vici, veni

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:08 am

I have found AA very useful, especially their weekly meetings. :)
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Busterboo

Post by Busterboo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:39 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:08 am I have found AA very useful, especially their weekly meetings. :)
Now that explains it. :D
Vidi, vici, veni