Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Wayo11

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by Wayo11 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:31 pm

Hope you find a buyer soon - a lovely looking car.

x_rays

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by x_rays » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:59 am

2 days until tax expires. Open for best possible offer. I understand market is slow nowadays, hence I m flexible but in human common sense :D

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by True-Blue » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:15 am

Get an eBay classified add up with ‘best offer’ enabled… I’ve had quite a few Z4’s and they’ve nearly all sold ‘off forum’ despite being advertised here.
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

j3nks79

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by j3nks79 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:40 am

It’s a very tough market at them moment.
As above get it advertised on eBay autotrader etc.
yours seemed fairly well priced compared to other for sale on here for ridiculously high prices.
2009 09 Carbon Black Cinnamon E86

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:00 am

From conversations I've had about this car it seems a few people are put off by the mileage, even though N52 afficionados realise it is only just run in.
The recurring EML would scare a few people off, especially as you already did the Vanos solenoids. Though it could be something as simple as oil in the eccentric cam sensor. Possibly more code reading would show that.
Likewise with the ABS lights. Code reader would hopefully tell you more.
The roof issue is odd as usually I would have said yellow light means the microswitch in the boot, but you say you've addressed that. Electrical gremlins are always a pain.

I know time is short, but if you could get the codes read and add those to the list of issues it may help to convince someone it's an easier fix.

As it stands you have a very limited market as most people would have to factor in garage bills to fix it. Not many would do the work themselves.

Sadly though, absolutely nothing is moving in the E85 market right now.
Even cars below £2k are still sat waiting.

As you're probably aware, a few of us on the forum take these cars on to fix and give another life. I am one, and my only brief is 'don't lose money!' Last year I would have snapped your hand off but now, realistically, even if I fixed it I couldn't guarantee being able to pass it on. I suspect the others are of the same opinion.

Good luck and I hope you find a buyer for it.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Wayo11

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by Wayo11 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am

I have been PM-ing about this car with X-Rays and I am interested. The only thing for me is I don't know one end of a spanner from another and have a limited budget. Does anyone on here offer any kind of support to fix things like this? You may have seen my separate post about wanting a Z for a Top Gear challenge, so need something in good working order to drive to Belgium and back in July. The only thing putting me off is my complete lack of mechanical understanding and a limited budget, plus I am in touch with Paddy about his project car which looks a great option...

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:22 am

Wayo11 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am I have been PM-ing about this car with X-Rays and I am interested. The only thing for me is I don't know one end of a spanner from another and have a limited budget. Does anyone on here offer any kind of support to fix things like this? You may have seen my separate post about wanting a Z for a Top Gear challenge, so need something in good working order to drive to Belgium and back in July. The only thing putting me off is my complete lack of mechanical understanding and a limited budget, plus I am in touch with Paddy about his project car which looks a great option...
I just PM'd him too as I would have taken it on to rescue and pass on if I had any faith in being able to shift it again.
However, depending where you are I'd happily help out. Obviously would cost you for parts and maybe a couple of beers for my troubles.

If you were able to get it to Norfolk and possibly leave it with me a week or two (or three) then maybe we could sort something.
When would you need it done by, as I'm celebrating my 60th year with early retirement and a few holidays. 8)
I realise the trip is July, but I'm assuming you would want a shakedown period before that?

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by Pondrew » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:34 pm

If I physically had the room to keep it somewhere (too many cars, not enough driveway and the garage is full of Z3 mess) I would buy this car and chuck it at Martin (enuff) to sort it out then enjoy it for the Summer(s).

I am surprised someone else on the forum hasn't already done this TBH.
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:43 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:34 pm If I physically had the room to keep it somewhere (too many cars, not enough driveway and the garage is full of Z3 mess) I would buy this car and chuck it at Martin (enuff) to sort it out then enjoy it for the Summer(s).

Or of course, someone else of equal abilities (or greater) but thank you for the recommendation.

In fact there is a chance I may be fettling it to go on Wayo11's road trip.
Trouble is time and road tax is against us all to get a decision.

The mooted plan is for it to be purchased, brought to me, parts and a beer or two covered and a car sorted for a summer adventure.
Fingers crossed we can do this, but of course, it's not my money.......................

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by Pondrew » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:42 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:43 pm Or of course, someone else of equal abilities (or greater) but thank you for the recommendation.
You know I was only teasing. :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

j3nks79

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by j3nks79 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:45 pm

Wayo11 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am I have been PM-ing about this car with X-Rays and I am interested. The only thing for me is I don't know one end of a spanner from another and have a limited budget. Does anyone on here offer any kind of support to fix things like this? You may have seen my separate post about wanting a Z for a Top Gear challenge, so need something in good working order to drive to Belgium and back in July. The only thing putting me off is my complete lack of mechanical understanding and a limited budget, plus I am in touch with Paddy about his project car which looks a great option...
If you are willing to learn then these are very easy cars to work on. A cheap code reader and a set of Halfords sockets and away you go.
Loads of information and guides for fixing things online with these cars as they have been around for a long time.
Plus if you’re doing a road trip you’ll want to take tools with you and an understanding on how your car works.
2009 09 Carbon Black Cinnamon E86

Wayo11

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by Wayo11 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Thanks for the tips. I am willing to learn but I do not have the time so looking for someone to help fix the car then rely on roadside assitance cover for my trip. I wish I could though!

Wayo11

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by Wayo11 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:47 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:43 pm
Pondrew wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:34 pm If I physically had the room to keep it somewhere (too many cars, not enough driveway and the garage is full of Z3 mess) I would buy this car and chuck it at Martin (enuff) to sort it out then enjoy it for the Summer(s).

Or of course, someone else of equal abilities (or greater) but thank you for the recommendation.

In fact there is a chance I may be fettling it to go on Wayo11's road trip.
Trouble is time and road tax is against us all to get a decision.

The mooted plan is for it to be purchased, brought to me, parts and a beer or two covered and a car sorted for a summer adventure.
Fingers crossed we can do this, but of course, it's not my money.......................
Still working on this option...

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:46 pm

Well it seems a deal is done and this lovely looking car will be on my drive tomorrow, to be fettled ready for it's European adventure.
Janis (the seller) has let it be stolen from him in all honesty. Even to the extent of personally delivering it to my house from London!

I then have a bit of a deadline to get the issues fixed ready for Mark (new owner) to take it on his 'Top Gear' trip.

I'm loving the idea of this and the fact it kind of becomes a forum endeavour.

So chaps, when I inevitably ask for help, and possibly some spare parts, I'm hoping the forum spirit will continue and help us get this car on it's way to a date with the Spa circuit and hopefully a lap around it.

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

For sale. E85 2007 2.5Si

Post by bigwinn » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:54 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:46 pm Well it seems a deal is done and this lovely looking car will be on my drive tomorrow, to be fettled ready for it's European adventure.
Janis (the seller) has let it be stolen from him in all honesty. Even to the extent of personally delivering it to my house from London!

I then have a bit of a deadline to get the issues fixed ready for Mark (new owner) to take it on his 'Top Gear' trip.

I'm loving the idea of this and the fact it kind of becomes a forum endeavour.

So chaps, when I inevitably ask for help, and possibly some spare parts, I'm hoping the forum spirit will continue and help us get this car on it's way to a date with the Spa circuit and hopefully a lap around it.
You have access to my parts bin as needed and let me know if I can help

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me