Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Postal service

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Postal service

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:09 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:10 pm See the postie every day walking past the house or doing the rounds when on my walks.

Must be only affecting the rural Southerners in their mansions I'm guessing the electric postie van can't make it that far

Tim.
It's not all bad down in the rural South. I still get deliveries 6 days a week at about the same time at my 2 Bed End of Terrace Mansion, but don't get much by post anyway.

And that 2nd Class "Small Parcel" I posted to you on Thursday arrived yesterday!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

pvr
Legend
Legend

Postal service

Post by pvr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Scubaregs wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:06 pm
pvr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:13 pm
Scubaregs wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:45 am Speeding fine time limit is from date of issue, not date of receipt, so that won't help.
Nope, they have to be received within 14 days excluding date of offence using the standard delivery service which for first class is up to 2 days. Anything posted after day 13 and not received is automatically timed out (as they should have used guaranteed delivery service instead).

There is a standard letter posted on the RAC website that will cancel the NIP out.
Sorry, that is wrong. They have to issue it on time. There can be various reasons why the recipient does not receive it and it, as long as it was issued on time is all that matters.
Nope, you are not correct on that one. Mr Loophole has used it many times and it is an area I know a lot about.

It has to be sent so that it arrives within the 14 days of offence (excluding date of offence) using the presumed service used, in case of first class post, two days.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Postal service

Post by Argyll Andy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:21 pm

My OH’s son just started work as a Postie on the new T&C’s the strikes were all about. Contract 35 hrs p/w working 5 days out of 6 on a rotational shift pattern basis so they all get the weekend off at some point :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

TitanTim
    Lifer
    Lifer

Postal service

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:10 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:09 pm
    TitanTim wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:10 pm See the postie every day walking past the house or doing the rounds when on my walks.

Must be only affecting the rural Southerners in their mansions I'm guessing the electric postie van can't make it that far

Tim.
    It's not all bad down in the rural South. I still get deliveries 6 days a week at about the same time at my 2 Bed End of Terrace Mansion, but don't get much by post anyway.

And that 2nd Class "Small Parcel" I posted to you on Thursday arrived yesterday!
    That actually was quite impressive Iain as your parcel arrived more quickly than the CD player I bought off ebay which was supposidly sent 1st class :? :)

Tim.

pvr
    Legend
    Legend

Postal service

Post by pvr » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:18 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:21 pm My OH’s son just started work as a Postie on the new T&C’s the strikes were all about. Contract 35 hrs p/w working 5 days out of 6 on a rotational shift pattern basis so they all get the weekend off at some point :thumbsup:
    Is he happy / unhappy about the terms? What were the old terms that they were striking to keep them? Google just shows “about pay and pensions”
    Current:
    Abarth 595 Comp.
    Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
    VW ID.3

Previous:
    Z4 3.0 Toledo

Scubaregs
    Lifer
    Lifer

Postal service

Post by Scubaregs » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:20 am

pvr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:11 pm
    Scubaregs wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:06 pm
    pvr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:13 pm Nope, they have to be received within 14 days excluding date of offence using the standard delivery service which for first class is up to 2 days. Anything posted after day 13 and not received is automatically timed out (as they should have used guaranteed delivery service instead).

There is a standard letter posted on the RAC website that will cancel the NIP out.
    Sorry, that is wrong. They have to issue it on time. There can be various reasons why the recipient does not receive it and it, as long as it was issued on time is all that matters.
    Nope, you are not correct on that one. Mr Loophole has used it many times and it is an area I know a lot about.

It has to be sent so that it arrives within the 14 days of offence (excluding date of offence) using the presumed service used, in case of first class post, two days.
    As I posted above, it's not quite as simple as that and i is not automatic that if it doesn’t arrive on time you have a get out clause.

There may be a standard letter, doesn’t mean it will work every time.
    Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
    Image Image

pvr
    Legend
    Legend

Postal service

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:04 am

The "get out" works in the following circumstances, assuming first class postage which has a presumed delivery of 2 days.

- If posted on day 13 and arrives on day 15, it is timed out as the presumption of delivery could not reasonably be met. If it arrives on day 14, bad luck for you.
    - If there is a postal strike, the presumption of a 2 day delivery can not be reasonably met. Hence the article by Nick Freeman that "thousands would get away with speeding" as the delivery means of first class postage cannot reasonably expect a delivery within the required 14 days. The NIP issuing organisation would have to use a different means (like registered post, courier etc to meet the presumed delivery times - but they don't).
    - Delivery to the wrong address due to their error (assuming your V5 details are correct). There is more effort involved as proving that is more difficult.

Note that the delivery is to the registered keeper, so if it is a lease car, you would have to prove that the lease company received it too late if you think that is the case. That would be very challenging, but has been done in the past.

Section 28 of the NIP (who was the driver) still has to be filled in even when delivered late.
    Current:
    Abarth 595 Comp.
    Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
    VW ID.3

Previous:
    Z4 3.0 Toledo

Nictrix
    Lifer
    Lifer

Postal service

Post by Nictrix » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:15 am

Surely if its when you receive the ticket that cannot be proved unless it was signed for.
    It could turn up on day 12 but you say you didn't get it until day 16.
    E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

pvr
    Legend
    Legend

Postal service

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:30 am

That is where the presumption comes in. If it arrived on day 12, it would have been sent on day 10 (or before) so it meets the presumed delivery time of 2 days.

However, when there are strikes or the presumed time extends due to Christmas, bank holidays or even now with no postal deliveries happening, this means that they have to send earlier to meet the legal deadline of 14 days arriving. The key is in the presumption delivery times, i.e. sending it on friday means you cannot expect it to be there until monday which may cause it to time out.
    Current:
    Abarth 595 Comp.
    Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
    VW ID.3

Previous:
    Z4 3.0 Toledo

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Postal service

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:34 am

pvr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:30 am That is where the presumption comes in. If it arrived on day 12, it would have been sent on day 10 (or before) so it meets the presumed delivery time of 2 days.

However, when there are strikes or the presumed time extends due to Christmas, bank holidays or even now with no postal deliveries happening, this means that they have to send earlier to meet the legal deadline of 14 days arriving. The key is in the presumption delivery times, i.e. sending it on friday means you cannot expect it to be there until monday which may cause it to time out.
    You could always just drive to the limits. :poke: :D
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

pvr
    Legend
    Legend

Postal service

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:38 am

:chairfight: :slappy: :telloff: :violent1:
    Current:
    Abarth 595 Comp.
    Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
    VW ID.3

Previous:
    Z4 3.0 Toledo

Nanu
    Lifer
    Lifer

Postal service

Post by Nanu » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:46 pm

Getting back on track..... We still have post 6 days a week.

We even have a 6 days a week parcel collection service which I have used and is generally cheaper than most. Book on line, and the postie picks up the parcel next day and even arrives with a pre printed label.
    G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
    E89 35is Valencia Orange
    E89 28i Crimson
    E89 25i White

MikeyH
    Lifer
    Lifer

Postal service

Post by MikeyH » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:35 pm

Apparently if I use the computer and print off a label for posting I can have the postie collect it from the house. :thumbsup:
    Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
    Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

Postal service

Post by Argyll Andy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:35 pm

pvr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:18 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:21 pm My OH’s son just started work as a Postie on the new T&C’s the strikes were all about. Contract 35 hrs p/w working 5 days out of 6 on a rotational shift pattern basis so they all get the weekend off at some point :thumbsup:
    Is he happy / unhappy about the terms? What were the old terms that they were striking to keep them? Google just shows “about pay and pensions”
    He’s happy Paul as he didn’t have a job and came straight on at the higher rate of pay that had been negotiated as a result of the strike. Afaik, most of the changes affect the older/longer term employees. The basic contract previously was 40 hrs, his (any) new one is 35hrs p/w. They lose 5 hrs p/w if on holiday/sick etc. He works X days out of Y some of the older staff had say Mon-Fri contracts, every second weekend off, no weekend working etc.

He still works the 40 hrs but claims the additional 5 and as above then doesn’t get the additional if not working for any reason. He also technically should only have 1 Sat in 6 off with the rotational shift pattern.

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
      G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
      E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
      E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Nanu
      Lifer
      Lifer

Postal service

Post by Nanu » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:53 pm

MikeyH wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:35 pm Apparently if I use the computer and print off a label for posting I can have the postie collect it from the house. :thumbsup:
      If you tick the right box, they bring the label when they collect the parcel
      G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
      E89 35is Valencia Orange
      E89 28i Crimson
      E89 25i White