Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rough idea of Z4 prices these days

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Felixlamb

Post by Felixlamb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:40 pm

Hey!

I'm beginning to get the itch to move on to something else (thinking M340i) - I know, blasphemy! I'm not selling just yet (hence not posting in the Buy and Sell page), but I'm curious to know a ballpark price for what my car is worth. I don't have a huge amount of recent pictures to be honest, but I'll get that sorted if/when I eventually pop the car up for sale.

2014 (64 plate) 20i, in Glacier Silver. ~58000 miles. I have owned the car since April 2019, so nearly 5 years. Mileage at purchase was ~32000 miles.

Main points:
  • It has the 6 speaker sound system, however I have added genuine OEM tweeters to the doors.
  • It does not have the infotainment display. Whilst subjective, I find that Google maps is infinitely better, and feel that the stock infotainment is at the stage where it ages the car a little, unless you were to kit it out with a full CarPlay retrofit.
  • Lovely 326m wheels, with no cracks. Small amount of kerb rash, but this could be easily rectified.
  • These are accompanied by a set of 4 Continental SportContact 7s - 235 Front / 265 Rear - under a year old (cost about £800!). One of the best tyres you can buy currently.
  • I would be happy to include my separate set of winter wheels + tyres, which I actually bought from B21 a few years ago. 17" 103 Daisies, with Continental TS860s.
Overall condition is good, I'd say, with the typical wear-and-tear expected for a 9 year old car. It has a few stone chips, and some kerb rash on the alloys. It had a new starter motor and new half shafts not long after purchase, both done under the BMW warranty.

Full BMW dealer service history, with the exception of some more recent service items, which I've done myself.
  • Oil changed*
  • New oil filter*
  • New cabin filter*
  • New spark plugs in 2022
  • MTEC drilled and slotted discs, accompanied with EBC RedStuff pads. These have only done a few thousand miles, so have lots and lots of life left.
  • New Varta battery (fitted last week)
*Will be doing these again soon, once it's a little warmer!

There's a few other upgrades I've done, mostly for quality of life:
  • Front + Rear BlackVue Dashcams. These could go with the car, and provide clear video with the roof up and down.
  • Tune2Air bluetooth adapter, which allows you to wirelessly connect your phone to the car. Music can be controlled through the steering wheel controls.
  • Door tweeters (as mentioned above).
  • SmartTop roof module, enabling both raising and lowering of the roof with the key.
Performance additions:
  • Remapped by Will @ Performance Torque in September 2021, to ~260BHP and 420Nm.
  • I had the resonator removed at PowerFlow, and replaced with a Y-Pipe. Cold start is a little spicy, but it really livens up the car, and surprisingly doesn't have too much drone. This was all done on a "spare" exhaust - I actually still have the original unmodified exhaust too. No welding required - will bolt right back on. I would be happy to include this too.
E89 sDrive20i M Sport

Towers040

Post by Towers040 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:45 pm

Whats your rough ball park figure

Felixlamb

Post by Felixlamb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:58 pm

AutoTrader would put it in the range of £12k-£14k. So around that figure I suppose, although I'm aware that I'm at the worst time of the year to sell a convertible.
E89 sDrive20i M Sport

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Post by True-Blue » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:19 pm

The lack of IDRIVE will go against the value, most people look for it as it’s still useful enough.

Have the chain guides been replaced, white or brown? The old styles ones (brown from memory) have a tendency to fail taking the engine with them.

Is it an auto or manual?

Does it have heated seats?

Does it have cruise?

Does it have the phone kit for calls?

All these points will have an impact to some degree :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Felixlamb

Post by Felixlamb » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:38 pm

True-Blue wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:19 pm The lack of IDRIVE will go against the value, most people look for it as it’s still useful enough.

Have the chain guides been replaced, white or brown? The old styles ones (brown from memory) have a tendency to fail taking the engine with them.

Is it an auto or manual?

Does it have cruise?

Cheers, True!
  • It's auto
  • Does have heated seats
  • Does have cruise control
  • Does have the phone kit - My iPhone can connect to the car's bluetooth and I can make and receive calls using the radio/steering wheel.
E89 sDrive20i M Sport

True-Blue
Lifer
Lifer

Post by True-Blue » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:42 pm

Felixlamb wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:38 pm
True-Blue wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:19 pm The lack of IDRIVE will go against the value, most people look for it as it’s still useful enough.

Is it an auto or manual?

Does it have cruise?

Cheers, True!
  • It's auto
  • Does have heated seats
  • Does have cruise control
  • Does have the phone kit - My iPhone can connect to the car's bluetooth and I can make and receive calls using the radio/steering wheel.
All plus points, in the sense that although many say a Z4 needs to be manual the autobox in the the N20 E89 is very good :thumbsup:

Anyone who does any research will ask about the cam chain guides, if I was buying another N20 I’d be factoring in the cost to replace with any purchase if they hadn’t been done :thumbsup:
Alpina Roadster S Lux no. 204 (1 of 15 uk cars in Alpina Blue)

Previous Z4’s :E89 30i, E89 20i, E85 3.0Si (X4) E85 3.0i, E86 3.0 Si, E85 2.5si, E85 2.5i

Felixlamb

Post by Felixlamb » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:02 am

Thanks. I'll need to take a look at the oil filler. I believe my car is close at the cut-off though? Registered in September 2014. I believe production month may be April 2014.
E89 sDrive20i M Sport

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:13 am

IHMO, that POS is worthless. But tell ya what. You give me a 50 pounds, I'll come relieve you of that burden. Yeah, I'm that nice.
:wink:
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

Felixlamb

Post by Felixlamb » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:21 am

Marcoose wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:13 am IHMO, that POS is worthless. But tell ya what. You give me a 50 pounds, I'll come relieve you of that burden. Yeah, I'm that nice.
:wink:
:rofl:
You're not getting the whippy though!
E89 sDrive20i M Sport

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Pondrew » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:50 am

From experience the remap will hold the car back unless you can sell it on the forum.
The great British public are scared of re-mapped cars, as along with the insurance implications, they all seem to think it will have been thrashed to death.

£11k is a good number for the age, mileage, colour and being an auto with that spec IMO

But don't ask me as I have just bought a VERY expensive 20i with some issues! :wink:

BTW you won't regret any B58 engined car. It is a peach and will make a mapped N20 feel agricultural! If you go for the pre-GPF (pre-2018) you can get the MPPSK kit which turns it into quite the anti-social head-turner and ups the power and torques by 10%! :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

craigdm

Post by craigdm » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:25 am

I have a very similar car that I will be listing come the spring and my dive into AT suggested a price nearer £10K, so I would be very happy if yours achieved £12K!

Mine is 2014 with 59K Miles in Melbourne Red
Auto and has the iDrive.
Remapped by Superchips
PDC, heated seats
New alloys (less than 1k miles). Moving to 18" NRF has transformed the car, it was unbearable on the 19" with RFs

I'll watch your sale with interest!
Z3 rare 2L Straight 6. Should have kept it!
E85 3.0Si sold back in 2014. Should have kept it!
E89 20i just arrived 2021

Baz VO

Post by Baz VO » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:30 pm

11 to 14 when I was looking and got mine with full VO editions 13-16k. Below the 11k price they tend to be a bit tatty higher mileage examples.

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:29 pm

Felixlamb wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:40 pm Hey!

I'm beginning to get the itch to move on to something else (thinking M340i) - I know, blasphemy! I'm not selling just yet (hence not posting in the Buy and Sell page), but I'm curious to know a ballpark price for what my car is worth. I don't have a huge amount of recent pictures to be honest, but I'll get that sorted if/when I eventually pop the car up for sale.

2014 (64 plate) 20i, in Glacier Silver. ~58000 miles. I have owned the car since April 2019, so nearly 5 years. Mileage at purchase was ~32000 miles.

Main points:
  • It has the 6 speaker sound system, however I have added genuine OEM tweeters to the doors.
  • It does not have the infotainment display. Whilst subjective, I find that Google maps is infinitely better, and feel that the stock infotainment is at the stage where it ages the car a little, unless you were to kit it out with a full CarPlay retrofit.
  • Lovely 326m wheels, with no cracks. Small amount of kerb rash, but this could be easily rectified.
  • These are accompanied by a set of 4 Continental SportContact 7s - 235 Front / 265 Rear - under a year old (cost about £800!). One of the best tyres you can buy currently.
  • I would be happy to include my separate set of winter wheels + tyres, which I actually bought from B21 a few years ago. 17" 103 Daisies, with Continental TS860s.
Overall condition is good, I'd say, with the typical wear-and-tear expected for a 9 year old car. It has a few stone chips, and some kerb rash on the alloys. It had a new starter motor and new half shafts not long after purchase, both done under the BMW warranty.

Full BMW dealer service history, with the exception of some more recent service items, which I've done myself.
  • Oil changed*
  • New oil filter*
  • New cabin filter*
  • New spark plugs in 2022
  • MTEC drilled and slotted discs, accompanied with EBC RedStuff pads. These have only done a few thousand miles, so have lots and lots of life left.
  • New Varta battery (fitted last week)
*Will be doing these again soon, once it's a little warmer!

There's a few other upgrades I've done, mostly for quality of life:
  • Front + Rear BlackVue Dashcams. These could go with the car, and provide clear video with the roof up and down.
  • Tune2Air bluetooth adapter, which allows you to wirelessly connect your phone to the car. Music can be controlled through the steering wheel controls.
  • Door tweeters (as mentioned above).
  • SmartTop roof module, enabling both raising and lowering of the roof with the key.
Performance additions:
  • Remapped by Will @ Performance Torque in September 2021, to ~260BHP and 420Nm.
  • I had the resonator removed at PowerFlow, and replaced with a Y-Pipe. Cold start is a little spicy, but it really livens up the car, and surprisingly doesn't have too much drone. This was all done on a "spare" exhaust - I actually still have the original unmodified exhaust too. No welding required - will bolt right back on. I would be happy to include this too.
Sell it NOW - used car prices are plummenting
Many dealers posting about this issue on YT etc, Porsche bubble has well and truly popped and Land/Range Rover are astronomical losses especially if you are daft enough to buy and not lease etc a new one.
I know they are not Zeds but its an example - 6 range rovers at auction, guide prices at £33k, withdrawn when they couldnt get bids on £23k!!!!!
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:41 pm

Baz VO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:30 pm 11 to 14 when I was looking and got mine with full VO editions 13-16k. Below the 11k price they tend to be a bit tatty higher mileage examples.
Are you saying you had to pay that much extra to get a VO one? :?
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Baz VO

Post by Baz VO » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:06 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:41 pm
Baz VO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:30 pm 11 to 14 when I was looking and got mine with full VO editions 13-16k. Below the 11k price they tend to be a bit tatty higher mileage examples.
Are you saying you had to pay that much extra to get a VO one? :?
Nope just keeping an eye on prices. VO do attract a premium. Tick the orange box on AT and keep an eye on prices.

I couldnt actualy afford a VO but just got lucky in the right place and right time.