Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tint top windscreen option

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
N4LLY

Post by N4LLY » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:25 pm

Was there not talk, the last year or so, of huge shortages and therefore supply of screens ?
If i remember some had started stocking a spare ?

2014 20 M sport Valencia Orange

MikeyH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MikeyH » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:19 pm

jenniferlouise wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:05 pm Hmm, having decided to take the plunge, turns out the £225 option supplier no longer has any! You lot must have got in quick! 😉 I’ve been offered an alternative from a second supplier, but more money, and low stock. I guess there’s not going to be 100’s of E89 screens sitting around waiting to match to cars any longer. I need to count my pennies again and determine if it’s really necessary, alternatively look at the insurance option…
Just renewed the insurance with Aviva (was with LV) through Confused.com for Feb at £193 (there’s a small benefit to getting old)
Is there?
Now, Sterling grey Z4 2.2 with cup holders, stubby aerial and sport seats. Roadsters ‘cause they’re great with the roof down.
Ford Anglia, Red Sprite, a few MG midgets, MGB Roadster and yellow Ford Capri, all gone many years now.

SwissTone

Post by SwissTone » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:12 pm

jenniferlouise wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:05 pm Hmm, having decided to take the plunge, turns out the £225 option supplier no longer has any! You lot must have got in quick! 😉 I’ve been offered an alternative from a second supplier, but more money, and low stock. I guess there’s not going to be 100’s of E89 screens sitting around waiting to match to cars any longer. I need to count my pennies again and determine if it’s really necessary, alternatively look at the insurance option…
Just renewed the insurance with Aviva (was with LV) through Confused.com for Feb at £193 (there’s a small benefit to getting old)
Still waiting for my benefits lol (although big year this year)

I’ll check in the morning which brand of screen was fitted to mine last year, the fitter (range through insurance) did an excellent job imho

I took 3 weeks to arrive in stock, like you say not many E89’s = not many in stock
E89 20i ish M Sport

Don’t mind me, I just have a lot of senior moments, also known for the odd social hand grenade too.

Cheeky Charlie

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:56 pm

My local (reputable) fitter says he sources from 4 national companies. Not all had an E89 option. As I asked for a tinted top, that limited it further. He does say the more expensive option is from a very good supplier, be good to see if it matches yours. Double checked the Zed last night to make sure it didn’t require any other options such as auto wipers and/or lights… nope! It’s also still got its original BMW stamped screen.

SwissTone

Post by SwissTone » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:09 pm

Here you go ….. say hi to my reflection 😊👋

Fuyao are one of BMW’s OEM suppliers of glass.

FYI almost got a hernia snapping this lol.
Attachments
IMG_2114.jpeg
IMG_2114.jpeg (237.61 KiB) Viewed 137 times
E89 20i ish M Sport

Don’t mind me, I just have a lot of senior moments, also known for the odd social hand grenade too.

Cheeky Charlie

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:22 pm

“Hi Swiss” 👋 and thanks

jenniferlouise

Post by jenniferlouise » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:52 pm

We have a delay as I needed to get some work done on the CLS including a service and MoT. The old girl (today) failed the test on some age related suspension-y thingies which needed replacing. Bugger. Then I want to get the front bumper on the CLS repainted to make her showroom fresh (she’s 10yo) Then, hopefully, back to the Z4