Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Style 103 spacer advice

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Joez4

Style 103 spacer advice

Post by Joez4 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:48 am

Looking for some advice regarding wheel spacing.
My car came with style 103s that have already been refurbished in anthracite grey which I really like, would just like them to sit further out of the wheel well.

Anyone put spacers on these wheels and can recommend what size and where to purchase them?
04 2.2i Sapphire Black Roadster

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Style 103 spacer advice

Post by Zedebee » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:49 am

Joez4 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:48 am Looking for some advice regarding wheel spacing.
My car came with style 103s that have already been refurbished in anthracite grey which I really like, would just like them to sit further out of the wheel well.

Anyone put spacers on these wheels and can recommend what size and where to purchase them?
I have been running my 103s with a 20mm spacer at the rear. I did have 15mm at the front but got some rubbing so took them off, and I don’t think they need a spacer at the front TBH.
Bimmec seem to be a good brand, but MTEC and Precision are cheaper and widely available. They are all machined aluminium billet. I bought mine from precision-autoparts on eBay. You need a hubcentric 5x120mm fit. You’ll be able to see them through the wheel spokes, so think about whether black or silver would be best. I have black painted hubs, so went for black.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe

Joez4

Style 103 spacer advice

Post by Joez4 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:21 pm

Thanks for the great informative reply, so you think I would only need the spacers on the rear and not to bother trying a smaller space on the front if I can find one?
04 2.2i Sapphire Black Roadster

Zedebee
Lifer
Lifer

Style 103 spacer advice

Post by Zedebee » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:58 pm

Joez4 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:21 pm Thanks for the great informative reply, so you think I would only need the spacers on the rear and not to bother trying a smaller space on the front if I can find one?
It’s a matter of personal preference and depends to an extent on the suspension you have. I think the OEM offset has the rear wheels too far inboard hence spacers are required at the rear; whereas I don’t think the OEM offset at the front looks particularly wrong. I have the sport suspension and, like I said, got rubbing with the 15mm spacers at the front and took them off. I’m very happy with the look of 20mm on the back (with 17x8” wheels) and none on the front. I tried 20mm spacers on my coupe with 18x8.5” wheels and found them too big, 15mm was better.
2003 Maldives Blue 3.0i auto
Previously: Maldives Blue 2.5i manual (its back!) and another, and a Monaco Blue 3.0Si coupe