Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Well don’t remap your G29….that is if you want to preserve your warranty

Discussing the current generation Z4
B21
Lifer
Lifer
Location: In my Banana Yellow Space Shuttle...somewhere over Southern Caledonia

Post by B21 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:08 pm

Second visit to a Mini main dealer with the current saga affecting the EGR system on B47 diesel engines..

Eventually sometime later in 2024 maybe 2025 they all will be retrofitted with a revised version.

That’s irrelevant to this point…

Once you’ve had your B47/B48/B58 engine re-mapped..even if you reflash it with a brand new BMW supplied code it will always show it was re-mapped..forever..
Attachments
IMG_2209.jpeg
IMG_2209.jpeg (90.9 KiB) Viewed 448 times
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…
A very modified Atacama Yellow 35is :thumbsup:

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:42 am

B21 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:08 pm re-mapped..forever..
That does surprise me as I would have thought that the official map would have overwritten it . You say if you re-flash it . I take it BMW supplied the official map but did you re-flash it or did they . There maybe something BMW do before overwriting it so that it shows it has previously been re-mapped to get out of any warranty issues ?
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:51 am

So i assume if you take out a warranty on a G29 and then get it remapped, it will invalidate the warranty?
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:25 pm

1536Z4 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:42 am
B21 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:08 pm re-mapped..forever..
That does surprise me as I would have thought that the official map would have overwritten it . You say if you re-flash it . I take it BMW supplied the official map but did you re-flash it or did they . There maybe something BMW do before overwriting it so that it shows it has previously been re-mapped to get out of any warranty issues ?
On later engines such as the B47/B48/B58 an irreversible flag is set..unless the re-writes were ALL BMW writes..

On earlier cars there’s a minor bit of forensic work plus what is known as shadow codes, some of which are permanently stored..
We choose to go to on with this endeavour at this time and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard…

B21
Lifer
Lifer

Post by B21 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:27 pm

Phoenixboy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:51 am So i assume if you take out a warranty on a G29 and then get it remapped, it will invalidate the warranty?
Certainly if you had a power train issue you’d have a problem..various folks argue that for non powertrain issues the warranty should still hold..

I guess if you can afford to ride it out without a warranty then you could try your luck..

1536Z4

Post by 1536Z4 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:05 pm

B21 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:25 pm On later engines such as the B47/B48/B58 an irreversible flag is set..unless the re-writes were ALL BMW writes..

On earlier cars there’s a minor bit of forensic work plus what is known as shadow codes, some of which are permanently stored..
Ok thanks for info :thumbsup:
Montego Blue E86 . MILV`s . Simpson Custom Manifold Race Exhaust . xHP transmission stage 3 . VT engine mounts . BC RA coilovers . H&R arbs . Adjustable rear camber arms . Ultra Racing front strut brace . Drexler LSD .