Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Project Restoration Zed- Major step forward(photo update p6).

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
pvr
Legend
Legend

Project Zed is here

Post by pvr » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:29 pm

I read it back and could see what you thought :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Calps

Project Zed is here

Post by Calps » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:39 pm

How bad is the front bumper? Is it rescue-able (or worth rescuing)?
MelZ: Black Sapphire Z4C

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Project Zed is here

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:45 am

Calps wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:39 pm How bad is the front bumper? Is it rescue-able (or worth rescuing)?
It’s sadly passed it’s best- I will keep it to see if I can do anything with it as a project once the car is finished.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Project Zed is here- help please

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:44 pm

So having some time today to play with the project it seems the lights aren’t working correctly. The lights are auto headlights. The lights come on as soon as the car starts but you can’t turn them off or indicate or use main beam. Is this the LCM? Carpets under both seats are a bit damp too- could this be linked? No fuses are blown.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:59 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:44 pm So having some time today to play with the project it seems the lights aren’t working correctly. The lights are auto headlights. The lights come on as soon as the car starts but you can’t turn them off or indicate or use main beam. Is this the LCM? Carpets under both seats are a bit damp too- could this be linked? No fuses are blown.
I’d say lcm

I’ve got a load of spares if you need to borrow one to test it? Which lcm is it? Auto/xenon etc?
If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:19 pm

bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:59 pm
paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:44 pm So having some time today to play with the project it seems the lights aren’t working correctly. The lights are auto headlights. The lights come on as soon as the car starts but you can’t turn them off or indicate or use main beam. Is this the LCM? Carpets under both seats are a bit damp too- could this be linked? No fuses are blown.
I’d say lcm

I’ve got a load of spares if you need to borrow one to test it? Which lcm is it? Auto/xenon etc?
Auto non xenon. That would be amazing! Is it right that swapping the LCM will throw a tamper spot?

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:35 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:19 pm
I’d say lcm

Auto non xenon. That would be amazing! Is it right that swapping the LCM will throw a tamper spot?
Yes but won’t hurt for a diagnostic swap
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

bigwinn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bigwinn » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:58 pm

I’d say lcm

It will but will go when you put your lcm back

Pm me your address I’ll pop one in the post

EWS Delete PM me
Coding- airbags etc PM me

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:09 pm

bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:58 pm
bigwinn wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:59 pm I’d say lcm

It will but will go when you put your lcm back

Pm me your address I’ll pop one in the post
Thanks so much

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:35 pm

Loaned LCM fitted- lights all fixed and working perfectly :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:37 pm

Excellent result. That loan library came in very handy :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:42 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:35 pm Loaned LCM fitted- lights all fixed and working perfectly :thumbsup:
So are you keeping that in and getting it coded to prevent the tamper dot?
Be aware that if you do a lot of miles before you get it coded then somewhere deep in the memory banks it will always show that there is a discrepancy. ie. It will show that it thinks it had the wrong LCM in for all those miles.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:14 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:42 pm
paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:35 pm Loaned LCM fitted- lights all fixed and working perfectly :thumbsup:
Be aware that if you do a lot of miles before you get it coded then somewhere deep in the memory banks it will always show that there is a discrepancy. ie. It will show that it thinks it had the wrong LCM in for all those miles.
I need to ask Bigwinn what he would like to do- ideally yes I’ll buy this and then see if someone can code it.
I’m into taking the seat out now to try and see if there’s a reason the carpets wet underneath- I think it’s been the door membrane that’s leaked and been replaced and just left over moisture in the foam in the floor. Can’t figure out how to take the seatbelt out of the guide though :headbang:

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:19 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:14 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:42 pm
I need to ask Bigwinn what he would like to do- ideally yes I’ll buy this and then see if someone can code it.
I’m into taking the seat out now to try and see if there’s a reason the carpets wet underneath- I think it’s been the door membrane that’s leaked and been replaced and just left over moisture in the foam in the floor. Can’t figure out how to take the seatbelt out of the guide though :headbang:
What seats?

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:30 pm

Standard seats